Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 256>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 2:59pm

Leaves too much unresolved at the end to be considered a great movie. It's like they thought: okay, the action's done, now let's go home. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:10am

Sci-fi/AI type movie. Bladerunner is a clear influence. It was alright, but not excellent.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1971325/Autómata (2014)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:14am
^ Each to their own I guess. I'm rather fond of it personally and consider it one of Scorsese's most underrated films. 

GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:09am

I know this is considered a Classic by many, but to me it was a pretty underwhelming experience given the praise it usually receives. I found myself a Little bored along the way:

Shutter Island (2010)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:17pm
Not half as funny as I hoped it would be, but it had its moments:
Kate Beckinsale, Simon Pegg, and Mojo in Absolutely Anything (2015)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 3:42pm

Psychological thriller that combines what might be a standard stalker plot with a secondary plot that the main character accidentally gets herself confirmed in a behavioural institution after signing some 'routine' forms after just going there to talk to a counsellor about her problems. She ends up locked in this place with her stalker and naturally no one believes her and the police won't do anything to get her out. It can get quite twisted at times and it's actually difficult in some instances to feel sympathy for the lead who doesn't always display good judgement and morals herself, especially in a scene shortly before the end but I can't really explain why I felt that way about her without spoiling a major part of the movie. I rate this one highly. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 2:31pm
A Little too long, but the caste and some of the nasty scenes were pretty nice:
Mia Goth in A Cure for Wellness (2016)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:24am

Excellent cyberpunk action thriller. 

Decent revenge thriller from Jeremy Saulnier. A bit too standard compared to his following films Green Room and Hold the Dark, though through that it does lack the confusing plot points of the latter. 

For me this film actually got less and less compelling as it went on and the end felt rather anticlimactic. 

This was a good one. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:40am

Merely okay, as Eastwood movies go. 

Very good 50's western. 

Ditto. Looking forward to checking out more Anthony Mann/James Stewart westerns. 

Re-watch. For me, this one is a sci-fi gem. That train crash sequence is one hell of a thing.

For me this one was more entertaining than Ocean's 12 and 13. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:30am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I enjoyed this vampire movie:

Byzantium (2012)

I picked this one up a few months ago. I enjoyed it as well. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:48am
I enjoyed this vampire movie:

Byzantium (2012)
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Sisslith Sisslith wrote:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDg2NjIxMDUyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzEzNTE1NTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,629,1000_AL_.jpg

Excellent performance by Rami Malek.

the only positive thing about the movie IMO. As a big Queen fan, I find more flaws than positive things to say I'm afraid. A disappointment overall (for me). Ouch
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:03am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

A little overlong I thought, but a good war film overall. 

I think I´ve watched this like a houndred times (I actually watched it the other day Again when it was shown on Danish television). One of my personal favorite war movies.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 6:14am
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDg2NjIxMDUyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzEzNTE1NTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,629,1000_AL_.jpg

Excellent performance by Rami Malek.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 5:49am

My enjoyment of this was spoiled by the fact that the DVD I picked up glitched four or five times throughout it's duration, resulting in jumpy frames and audio and full-on freezes. I managed to 'watch' it but I feel like I may have missed some key dialogue here and there. 

Highly compelling viewing for a film that essential never moves from the titular rear window. Though obviously dated in many respects (the helicopter that appears at one point so very unconvincing) I'd still rate this one five stars.

A little overlong I thought, but a good war film overall. 

Solid Conjuring Universe horror, though the part where the girl's ghost demands 'Your soul!' was so damn corny I felt my respect for the movie drop a few notches. 

Very entertaining Hitchcock movie. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 12:54pm

I saw the remake a while back and really enjoyed it. This one is good too but a product of westerns of the time and aimed at a more family friendly audience (PG rated rather than 15 like the remake). Still I'm pleasantly surprised how much it holds up. 

A 'northern' western film. Not the most compelling thing I've ever watched. Not a keeper. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:22am
This Norwegian disaster movie was actually pretty great. The story was pretty basic, but the Norwegian nature scenary and the fairly realistic and damn eerie looking wave were great. I can recommend this one, if you enjoy disaster movies:

...ohh...and a busfull of Danes are killed by the giant wave...those fuckin´ Norwegians LOL

Mette Agnete Horn and Ane Dahl Torp in Bølgen (2015)

Edited by UMUR - 08 Jan 2019 at 9:26am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 3:42pm

Bloody brilliant. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 11:34am

My second Hitchcock film. I knew less about this one in advance though I did still enjoy Psycho more. My biggest criticism of this film is the complete lack of explanation for the events and the film seems to abruptly end without the attacks actually coming to end, leaving the fates of all the characters unknown. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 1:57am

Very good Pacino crime film. 

Finally got to see this. I think it's impact was lessened by the fact it's such a famous older film that spoilers have entered into popular culture so I knew the plot twists before they happened, but I still enjoyed the suspense of the film. I'm looking forward to seeing more Hitchcock work. 

Not as much of a horror film as expected based on the film's reputation. It's more like a very quirky crime film until t's last act, when it just gets plain weird. I enjoyed most of it and it will be worth another watch sometime.

Another one from the same director as Kill List. Another odd film.

Horror western. The premise is in some ways similar to the later Bone Tomahawk but it's a creature feature. Unfortunately it's delivery doesn't come over as very compelling right from the off and I found my attention wandering throughout. Not a keeper. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 256>
  Share Topic