MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jd_Wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello everyone!
    Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:56pm
Hi all:

My Name is Jd.  I happen to be the only touring musician in a wheelchair,(Bass, Guitar and sometimes Keys) playing right now for two nasty heavy bands here in the wilds of Canada.  I also happen to be the head writer for Metalbite.com and contribute stuff to various other sites and magazines just because of my Metal obsession.

I love all types of metal, but I guess I am a Doom freak at heart... Legendary Black Sabbath, Candlemass, St.Vitus, Demon Lung and early Trouble are some of my favorites.  I also love Japanese Anime, having many of the different characters tattooed on me.

That is basically me... anything else ya need... ask.

Nuff Said??

Hail and horns:

Jd
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:01pm
Welcome to the site.  I like a few cartoons from Japan too (Astroboy, Dragonball, Fists of the North Star).
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 10:47pm
Hey hey Jd, welcometo MMA and feel free to take a look around, participate and rate/write if you feel like Thumbs Up
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:18am
Welcome to MMAThumbs Up. Sounds like a lot of interesting projects you�re doing. About the wheelchair thing, I saw Psychotic Waltz around 1994 and Brian McAlpin performed in his wheelchair onstage. His guitar technician controlled his wa-wa from the side of the stage.
Die ausf�hrliche Bildbeschreibung finden Sie unter dem Bild.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Jd_Wheels Jd_Wheels wrote:

Hi all:

My Name is Jd.  I happen to be the only touring musician in a wheelchair,(Bass, Guitar and sometimes Keys) playing right now for two nasty heavy bands here in the wilds of Canada.  I also happen to be the head writer for Metalbite.com and contribute stuff to various other sites and magazines just because of my Metal obsession.

Mad respect for this.  You're definitely welcome here.
Jd_Wheels View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jd_Wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:41am
Looking forward to adding my wild and sometimes overly straight forward thoughts on metal here.  I don't pull any punches... because metal never does either.

Jd

PS: thought for the day, from the wheeling Thundergod... show me someone who thinks a person with a disability cant do anything - I will show you the idiot who has the true disability.

Truth be known... after years of playing, the metal scene is the only place that I can feel at home in.  

Later Thrash guys 'n' DollsCool
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 5:46am
Hey JD - welcome! Very cool to have you on here!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 5:47am
Welcome to MMA!
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 8:24am
Hey and welcome to MMA.

FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 5:30pm
welcome ^^ what's your favorite anime? :D
Jd_Wheels View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jd_Wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 9:48pm
My three favorites are( I have many of the charaters tattooed on myself)

1 Witch Hunter Robin
2 Gunslinger Girl ( Both seasons)
3 Elfin Lied
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 1:42am
That�s dedicationSmile
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 3:46pm
Welcome to MMA Jd from Scotland Headbanger
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 3:47pm
sweet i was thinking of getting the FMA symbol tattooed on me but i dont think i would trust a tattoo artist to put my fav characters on me. they might mess it up :P
 oh i liked elfin leid great story line but i havent seen those other ones^^
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic