Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shame On You!!!!????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

I am digusted by Neal Morse's music

That's where I draw the line! Angry

Tongue

Edited by J-Man - 22 Oct 2012 at 8:56pm
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:12pm
I'm really not ashamed of music I listen to.  Except for the occasional t-shirt, I really don't do much to advertise what music I listen to.  I'll open up my tastes as I get to know someone.  At first, I usually start with common ground and branch out from there when discussing music.

However, I'll add a bit of a guilty pleasure in the spirit of this topic.  My brother bought a Monkees record on the weekend, and I must say I like them.  Pop/rock in the sixties (Rock=Pop in that decade) has grown on me in a big way.  It was just cool how back then pretty much every song on pop records was recorded in studio by musicians on musical instruments.  The use of orchestration and vocal harmonies among other things made radio pop music much more memorable and demonstrated songcraft that allowed much of the bands from the era to continue to be remembered to this day.

Edited by Stooge - 22 Oct 2012 at 10:23pm
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

have never liked Steven Wilson's voice

Not really that ludicrous of an opinion IMO.

I don't like any single note he ever put down on a record so give me the high five o/

LOLLOLLOL
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

However, I'll add a bit of a guilty pleasure in the spirit of this topic.  My brother bought a Monkees record on the weekend, and I must say I like them.  Pop/rock in the sixties (Rock=Pop in that decade) has grown on me in a big way.  It was just cool how back then pretty much every song on pop records was recorded in studio by musicians on musical instruments.  The use of orchestration and vocal harmonies among other things made radio pop music much more memorable and demonstrated songcraft that allowed much of the bands from the era to continue to be remembered to this day.

On the nail Stooge.

Even the lamest record on 60's had 'music' on it, real musicians, real instruments, and yeah, the whole feel that even the poppiest song ever had to be well crafted.

That's why I like Mamas & Papas or Tom Jones, just to name a few.

But let me put one thing straight about the 60's... I FUCKING HATE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!!! Ok, now I feel better LOL

Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by progshine progshine wrote:

On the nail Stooge.

Even the lamest record on 60's had 'music' on it, real musicians, real instruments, and yeah, the whole feel that even the poppiest song ever had to be well crafted.

But let me put one thing straight about the 60's... I FUCKING HATE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!!! Ok, now I feel better LOL

Simon & Garfunkel Cool
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:40pm

On the nail Stooge.

Simon & Garfunkel Cool

If you don't feel a single tiny bit of emotion as you listen to 'Bridge Over Troubled Waters' you have some heavy problems LOLLOL

One more 60's, tough I dont like him in mid 60's. 'Sylvia', by Elvis fa King.

Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:58pm

I don't like any single note he ever put down on a record so give me the high five o/

LOLLOLLOL

\o
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 11:04pm
And let's put some Youtube magic here, let's present our 'shames' LOL

Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:24am

I'm really not ashamed of music I listen to.  Except for the occasional t-shirt, I really don't do much to advertise what music I listen to.

I often wear metal t-shirts when I teach at university or attend staff meetings with my fellow academics. I'm not ashamed of that and, frankly, people don't seem to care anyway.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I'm really not ashamed of music I listen to.  Except for the occasional t-shirt, I really don't do much to advertise what music I listen to.

I often wear metal t-shirts when I teach at university or attend staff meetings with my fellow academics. I'm not ashamed of that and, frankly, people don't seem to care anyway.

Not anymore with all this Internet thing. Last week I was at the city (I live in the 'woods' in a small small city) with my Queen t-shirt, all the guys like 'divas' in the pic you know? Plenty of people crossed me an nobody even turn their faces like it was when I was a kid in S�o Paulo LOLLOLLOL
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:28pm

LOLLOLLOL

\o
That's how Steven Wilson's anti-fan club is being born Evil Smile Count me in \o/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:39pm

On the nail Stooge.

...yeah to hell with Rolling Stones. I really don�t like them either. Don�t tell my mother in law though. She loves themThumbs Down.

...I guess people wouldn�t expect me to like something like the B52s, but ʹm not really ashamed of liking them.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

\o
That's how Steven Wilson's anti-fan club is being born Evil Smile Count me in \o/

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Porcupine Tree and his solo work, I just don't think his voice is all that great.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:47pm

Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

\o

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Porcupine Tree and his solo work, I just don't think his voice is all that great.

Diogenes is out of the anti-fan club!!!! Angry

LOL
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:23am
OK, I have one. 

This was a Christian boy band I used to listen to when I was in first grade.  Back then (around the turn of the century) this stuff was all that was on the radio (Radio Disney, that is).  I know a lot of the comments said they got the CD in a Happy Meal, but I got my parents to buy me the real thing.  It's funny because they broke up a short while after this was released and because only a couple of songs were played briefly on children's pop radio, nobody nowadays knows this band ever existed...nobody except us '90s kids, that is.  I recently dumped a bunch of CDs that I don't listen to anymore at my local resale shop, but this one...fuck, I couldn't get rid of it.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 11:42am
Absolutely jack shit.  Not ashamed about what I listen to or dread listening to nor do I need any apologist bullshit to tell me it's alright to like different things.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

On the nail Stooge.

...yeah to hell with Rolling Stones. I really don�t like them either. Don�t tell my mother in law though. She loves themThumbs Down.

Indeed, I never cared much for Rolling Stones.

Edited by Tupan - 24 Oct 2012 at 12:49pm
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I used to work in a Bank many years ago, one day I popped in on a day off in full bikers leathers with cutoff, boots, chains...

...that turned a few heads LOL
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 1:11pm
I'm partial to a bit of Trip-Hop now and again.

I love some of Massive Attack's stuff as I also do Portishead.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

I'm partial to a bit of Trip-Hop now and again.

I love some of Massive Attack's stuff as I also do Portishead.

Yeah you know we share that poisonCool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic