Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List your rarities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 6:34am
I also have copy 272/900 of Devil Doll's Eliogabalus CD in the first print run. The vinyls for Devil Doll albums are well over $200 now though, but I'd like to have the vinyls as well someday.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 6:57am
Probably not really a rarity, but it is a "Limited Collectors Edition". LOL

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 7:11am
Yeah you are probably right. Nothing that Ozzy has ever put out can probably be considered a real rarity, but I might be wrongTongue.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 8:03am
It actually does have a Limited Edition number on it.  I can't remember what it was offhand.  Probably out of 50,000 or 100,000, which might be rare for Ozzy, but certainly isn't rare compared to the stuff previously listed.

All of the CDs, cassettes, and LPs that I do own, probably none of them really qualify as rare.  I suppose the best in my collection would be MC5's Kick Out the Jams.  I'm pretty sure it is the version where he swears in it, which if I am not mistaken was pulled and replaced with a nonswear version.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 9:27am
^That might actually be a rarity on vinyl.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Off the top of my head:

Grave Temple - The Holy Down (one of 3000, I'm cool too, renkls)
Esoteric - Epistemological Despondency (out of print 2 CD from the Aesthetic Death label)
Esoteric - The Pernicious Enigma (out of print 2 CD from the Aesthetic Death label, this album never got reissued)
Leviathan - Verrater (I believe this is out of print from a label called tUMULt, never got reissued)
Leviathan - The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide (original 2003 issue from Moribund Records)
North - Na polach bitew (rather obscure label)
Sigh - Hail Horror Hail (original 1997 issue from Cacophonous Records)
Sleep - Dopesmoker (orignal 2003 digipack)

+ Nagelfar - Srontgorrth (original 1999 pressing from Kettenhund Records)
renkls View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renkls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:25pm
Remembered this thread.
Another copy of Sabbat's The Dwelling on vinyl, number 545/777 copies.
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by renkls renkls wrote:

Sabbat - The Dwelling (original 450 blue cover Evil Records) 2 copies.

Nice! I believe there's one of those on ebay at the moment, but the seller wants $450 for it. Tongue

The rarest CD I own isn't metal, it's "Natural Selection" by Lands End. I'm not to sure how many copies there are out there, but I believe it's quite rare.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 11:58am
one for now until i look over my collection.

THE first press of beyond creation the aura which had hardly any copies pressed and was only available online at least here in the U.S
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 2:00pm
Found out today to my surprise that Haken's first album Aquarius has been allowed to go out of print and cannot be found at a reasonable price for love nor money. Shocked

Such a hyped album back in 2010. I paid £9.99 for mine. Copies are now seen to be priced in excess of £100. Bizarre. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 4:15pm
I have Stygian's only album, Planetary Destruction on CD, got it for $2 when the cheapest online is $30. I'm not sure how rare it is, but I'd say $30 says something.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 3:18am
I recently bought a copy of Spectral Lore's Sentinel album. It's not that old but only 500 copies were pressed. I had to pay slightly more than I normally would for a CD to get it, but it did have free postage on it from Greece which countered that a bit. Got it off of Discogs. They seem to have better prices there than Amazon or ebay from what I can see. 

Doubt you can call something that only came out this year as a rarity yet, but I also have a first press digipak of Sojourner's debut album Empires of Ash, of which there are only 200 copies (next press with be jewel case by the label's standards), each of which came with a personalised numbered card. Mine is copy #40. 

And of course since my original post in this thread I have managed to get my hands on the bulk of Running Wild's classic period on CD, which seem to be fairly hard to get no matter what version it is. I think mine are all reissues but those still seem to command higher than normal prices. I have this one of Under Jolly Roger for example: https://www.discogs.com/Running-Wild-Under-Jolly-Roger/release/5285737
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:24am
I have a lot of vinyl first pressings of 80's metal including a lot of thrash which seems to go for a lot of money these days, all in excellent condition too. By the late 80's I'd started buying mostly CD's but even some of those seem to worth quite a lot which surprised me. Even early Metallica on Music For Nations seems to go for quite a lot which sold in large quantities.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:48pm
Not really rarities, but I checked out the price on a few of my records and things. (All prices in NZ dollars. Looks more impressive because of the exchange rate!)

I've got a white vinyl gore splattered edition of Benediction's Subconscious Terror. There were only 1000 pressed on white or clear vinyl. Got it for $10 second hand. It is listed on Discogs now for between $108 and $172.Cool

Unleashed - Shadows In The Deep on vinyl, which I got for free from my brother's brother-in-law. Currently listed at $74-78.

Malevolent Creation - Retribution. Another $10 second hand deal. Currently listed at $216.

I've got an original cassette version of Body Count's debut album. Not that rare, but you try finding a copy in any format with the song Cop Killer on it now.

Got a Viking Crown CD with a Korean bonus track, limited to 666, but I doubt they sold that many.

Got Necrophagia's Ready For Death on tape. Got it for $5 I think. Not as valuable as the vinyl release, but I've seen it listed for $55.

Cannibal Corpse - Deadly Tracks. Compilation only released in Korea, when authorities finally relaxed censorship laws enough to allow the band's albums in! Came with a poster and a slipcase, and had a special message from George Fisher (fucked if I can understand it!LOL) and an exclusive live track. Sells for $60-$80+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic