MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pantera Albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of the following would you say is the last good Pantera album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [28.57%]
2 [14.29%]
3 [21.43%]
5 [35.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pantera Albums
    Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 8:21am
Many say that 'Far Beyond Driven' is "the last good Pantera release". Personally, as a traditionalist, I differ and say that the last good album from Dimebag and co. was the second, 'Vulgar Display Of Power'. Any thoughts and preferences guys?
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 12:08pm

The last good Pantera album is probably before Cowboys from Hell, since I haven't heard any of the albums before that. Wink

Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 12:41pm
Well I didn�t like the last one too much but I actually enjoy The Great Southern Trendkill a lot so other it is.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 1:08pm
Cowboys From Hell followed by A Vulgar Display Of Power. After that i found them patchy.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 10:21pm
I haven't heard the last two, but Far Beyond Driven was a considerable let down after two great works. I could vote for Vulgar but I won't.
<- Click on this!
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 5:27am
The Great Southern Trendkill for me.,
Very dark and very evil.
Didn't like Reinventing the Steel that much

Edited by Harry - 16 Apr 2010 at 5:28am
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 12:21pm

I Would have to say Vulgar Display Of Power, because I wasn't crazy for Far Beyond Driven, and I haven't listened to anything else after that.

Edited by Phonebook Eater - 19 Apr 2010 at 12:25pm
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 1:18pm
^ Really? I mean, I agree with you but I thought you were into stuff that's a lot more extreme than I can handle! You've surprised me.
bonnek View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 12:41pm

Pantera is a band that I'm not entirely comfortable with, but was a very important album that kicked my musical taste into much more extreme directions then I had been able to handle before.
So kudos to them for that!
DeKay View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:53pm
I take this as an add for Cowboys From Hell
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:22pm
Vulgar Display of Power.

The last, and only good album.

They have a lot of good songs, but that's the only solid album.
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 9:38am
Vulgar Display of Power (my vote)
Cowboys from Hell
Far Beyond Driven

...are the necessary stuff imo. Of course traditional metalheads will point out that Power Metal is also a great album with a cult following. Totally different band of course but still an interesting release. Haven't heard it much though, so I won't comment further.

..and I won't comment further on The Great Southern Trendkill and Reinventing the Steel either, because I've had sporadic listens to random songs, and no complete picture. From what I recall, I think I'll like TGST more than RTS but none of them more than the aforementioned classic 3 albums.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic