MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is Dio Best?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which band do you enjoy Dio with most?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
14 [53.85%]
4 [15.38%]
8 [30.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is Dio Best?
    Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:08pm
It seems that the almighty Ronnie James Dio has been well recieved in every musical project he has undertook, but which of them was your favourite?
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:14pm
Being a huge RJD fan, that was a really tough question. Anyway, I voted for Black Sabbath, seen as Heaven and Hell is one of my Top 10 albums of all time, and Mob Rules is not too far behind. Rainbow would be a close second, while I feel his output with his own band is a bit patchy. 
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:20pm
oh man. that is a tough one... between Rainbow and Sabbath..and to a lesser extent DIO. 

gotta go with RJD-Sabbath on this one...  by a whiska ov'r  Rainbow
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:23pm
    ^
Yes. Definately see your point there, Raff. I'm between Rainbow and Sabbath, hard choice Confused even for me as creator of the poll! I love Mob Rules and Long Live Rock 'n' Roll.
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:25pm
Ah! Hell! I just have to say Rainbow...Gates Of Babylon is effing stunning.
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:34pm
indeed Clap  that really is a hard call between the two..  testament to the greatness of Dio.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:44pm

Holy Diver, The Last In Line, etc... for me.

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 7:04pm
I went with Rainbow althought I enjoy his work with Sabbath and Dio just as much (it's "Stargazer" and "Gates of Babylon" that made me go for Rainbow).
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:09pm
hmm...   the master(s) of metal himself.. 

I really hope he gets well...

thellama73 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:20pm
I like his solo work best, but he is always a pleasure to listen to.
Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves.
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:24pm
he really is.. what a voice. Clap
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:47pm
i would say Dio :)
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Being a huge RJD fan, that was a really tough question. Anyway, I voted for Black Sabbath, seen as Heaven and Hell is one of my Top 10 albums of all time, and Mob Rules is not too far behind. Rainbow would be a close second, while I feel his output with his own band is a bit patchy. 

I must quote. Although I voted for Rainbow. I think his best time is the one between its entry in Rainbow and the second solo album. In the end I voted for Rainbow only because for me Rainbow's music sounds better in my head with a singer as Dio.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 2:43am
I'd say Rainbow and Sabbath on equal parts....
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:39am
Rainbow for me
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 2:43pm
I voted Rainbow but mainly for the stunning Rainbow Rising album. Loved the first 2 Dio albums but after that...okay but not stunning and his work with Black Sabbath is excellent which I'd include the recent Heaven and Hell album in that which is Sabbath in all but name.
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

I voted Rainbow but mainly for the stunning Rainbow Rising album. Loved the first 2 Dio albums but after that...okay but not stunning and his work with Black Sabbath is excellent which I'd include the recent Heaven and Hell album in that which is Sabbath in all but name.

Indeed - they were finally added todaySmile!
aapatsos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 3:37pm
Rainbow for me as well - three excellent albums. Dio only 2 first albums are excellent and Sabbath... well not everything is great, including the last album which did not impress me
EM Hearst View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EM Hearst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 10:53am
I have to say Heaven and Hell / Black Sabbath. He did a lot of great solo 'Dio' albums too, but Black Sabbath happens to be my favorite all time band... and Ronnie James is the only Sabbath vocalist to give Ozzy a run for his money.

Dehumanizer is excellent, maybe the heaviest of all Black Sabbath albums! The Heaven and Hell album is quite similar, and almost as good. Heaven and Hell is classic... Mob Rules is the only one that's a miss for me.... there's not enough evil riffs on that one. Sign of the Southern Cross is the only real standout in my mind.

Best Dio solo album is The Last in Line... WE ROCK! <best dio song ever!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Indeed - they were finally added todaySmile!

Excellent Raff Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic