Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Most Embarrassing Album You've Owned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Most Embarrassing Album You've Owned
    Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 9:30pm
Bought by yourself or as a gift, what are the embarrassments that have passed through your collection?

Me??

Kid Rock - The History Of Rock

I bought it myself.  I was 14 and confused. Embarrassed
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 3:29am
When my girlfriend moved in a couple of years ago she brought a number of CD's with her and to my horror added them to my existing CD collection.

One day when she was out I removed them all and they now have their own place out of sight Big smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 3:46am
Back when I first discovered music I bought some pretty embarrassing stuff. Didn't even know what metal was at that point. 

I'm talking:

I bought the above. I also went on to buy about everything Scooter did up until: 

Some time after that the metal started to take hold.

As for presents, one of my Grandmothers bought be this one Xmas:

Dead

Needless to say none of these are in my house any longer. Although I only parted with the Scooter collection in 2010. Was a bit difficult letting go of those given how much as a young teen I dragged my parents around shops in Germany looking for them. Eventually relented to finance some metal albums I wanted.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 7:44am
I don't want to talk about it...EmbarrassedLOL
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I bought the above. I also went on to buy about everything Scooter did up until: 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I didn't know happy hardcore was a thing. LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

When my girlfriend moved in a couple of years ago she brought a number of CD's with her and to my horror added them to my existing CD collection.

One day when she was out I removed them all and they now have their own place out of sight Big smile

He he I made sure all the wife�s CDs where placed seperate from my collection when we moved in together. No mixing up Prince, Madonna and Lisa Ekdal with my collectionAngry.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 5:59pm
My mom's vinyl collection fell into my hands. There was some pretty despairing stuff in there. Especially Christmas Tyme by Engelbert Humperdinck.
I dare you to say that name without at least smiling.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 2:19am
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

My mom's vinyl collection fell into my hands. There was some pretty despairing stuff in there. Especially Christmas Tyme by Engelbert Humperdinck.

I�m not smilingSick
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 4:40am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

He he I made sure all the wife�s CDs where placed seperate from my collection when we moved in together. No mixing up Prince, Madonna and Lisa Ekdal with my collectionAngry.

Got to be done LOL
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 5:41am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I�m not smilingSick

You are laughing in the inside.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 5:53am
^Big smileAlright then LOL
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:48pm

i was a strange child

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

i was a strange child

...that should be illigalDeadSick...but wait!!! They are wearing black and one is wearing leather pantsShocked...Man these guys are heavy metal kids disguised as slimy pop idols...I love themClap

Edited by UMUR - 23 Jul 2012 at 1:54pm
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 3:28pm

Why'd you say that name?  You promised me that you would never say that name!

What, , Humperdinck? Humperdinck.  Humperdinck!  Ooo-ooo, Humperdinck!

Anyways, most embarassing album(s) I own...oh man...I'm scared to post this...but I have not listened to these since I was a teenager...anyone ever seen the Jock Jams collection cd's?  Heh heh...um...yeah.... Embarrassed
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Bought by yourself or as a gift, what are the embarrassments that have passed through your collection?

Me??

Kid Rock - The History Of Rock

I bought it myself.  I was 14 and confused. Embarrassed
I have that one.  I bought it fairly recently.  Not embarrassed nor confused.  He is a hometown boy though, so I am supposed to like him.  Must admit that I am not really a fan, but figured I had to give it a shot.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 4:55pm
I have Ace of Base's Happy Nation, but I'm not really embarrassed about it. Hmmm... I don't really have anything in my collection that I find embarrassing... oh yeah, maybe Metallica's Load.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 5:30pm
When I was around 10 years old, I really enjoyed some of my grandmother's Bobby Vinton 45 singles (she gave me most of her record collection when I was around that age), and I actually bought a few of his LP's at a thrift store not too long after that. I still have most of them (Melodies of Love is one of them I think?)... I tried selling them to a store once, but they didn't buy. LOL

I guess I'll just hold onto those Bobby Vinton LP's for nostalgia's sake... I have some other questionable stuff in my collection from when I first starting getting into music too. Al Martino, The Carpenters, Dion, Bee Gees (the disco era stuff), etc. - some of it I still enjoy from time to time (Frank Sinatra in particular Smile), but my music taste has since shifted away from simple pop music.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 5:31pm
...I almost forgot to mention that I purchased at least 2 Englebert Humperdinck LP's when I was around 10 years old too. Still haven't gotten rid of those either. Tongue
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 3:51am
I', proud to say that the first music I ever purchased in my life was Iron Maiden (I was around 11)...
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 3:55am
The first album I listened to was Led Zep II, the first album I bought was Black Sabbath's Greatest Hits. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic