MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Becoming special collaborator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Becoming special collaborator
    Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 9:09pm
Dear all,
my name is Stephen (usually called Steve) and based in Jakarta, Indonesia
i'm a huge 80-90s hard rock/AOR fans and also love power/thrash metal especially from the 80s
i'd like to contribute to this site by adding new bands that's still not in the database and possibly submit at least 5-6 reviews per week, how to become the special collaborator in this site ? is there any special requirement ?  Thanks and nice to meet you all :)

NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 9:45pm

I can see you might be gunnin' for my job ehhh.... LOL Just Kidding.

You don't have to be a Special Collaborator to write album reviews and you can certainly suggest new bands that aren't listed on the site to the people in charge (in the proper section of the forum).  Hard work will earn recognition, and you will be five star rated before you know it.  Also, when the time of picking Collaborators does come, it helps to put your name out there, because a lot of it is based on who is willing to volunteer their time.

Good luck and welcome to MMA my friend.

Edited by NJCat_11 - 07 Apr 2010 at 9:47pm
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 9:57pm
hahaha i thought that a team can have a lot of special collaborators :D
btw, how to suggest new bands ? can i just post here or should by private messaging ?

NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Stephen Stephen wrote:

hahaha i thought that a team can have a lot of special collaborators :D
btw, how to suggest new bands ? can i just post here or should by private messaging ?

Hopefully, we will have a lot of Special Collaborators in the future, because two guys is hardly a team.
As for suggesting new bands, do it here (and only one thread per band plz).

What are some of your favorite bands?
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:09pm
GNR and Motley Crue are my most favorite bands
but to name a few, i would say Danger Danger, Dokken, Harem Scarem, Ratt, Stryper, and Tesla

for metal bands, i love Helloween, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Metallica

how about you ?
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Stephen Stephen wrote:

GNR and Motley Crue are my most favorite bands
but to name a few, i would say Danger Danger, Dokken, Harem Scarem, Ratt, Stryper, and Tesla

for metal bands, i love Helloween, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Metallica

how about you ?
Nile, Testament, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Savatage, Yngwie Malmsteen....  all of it really.

This will help too:
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:39pm
cool, thanks buddy :)

NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:43pm
Wink  No problem.

I can already see that you're definitely qualified for the position.
We'll just have to fix that Roth < Hagar business.  LOL

By the way, I am proud to be a Winger fan.
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 11:52pm
lol
Hagar is a personal preference, judging by the quality of the vocals, I won't change my opinion that Hagar is a way better singer, but Lee Roth of course, made a better frontman, probably because of his flamboyant style, no wonder VH can still sold out arenas to date with him back in business with Eddie.

Winger is a cool, highly-skilled, non-partying musicians, they're really serious making music and they did it flawlessly. Have you heard "Karma" ? I have written the review but haven't uploaded it yet, but in short words, IMHO it's their masterwork.
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:19am
The best way to be named Collaborator is to show your passion for metal and for this website in general. Write some reviews, help with artists informations, participate in the forum. In a nutshell: make yourself noticed and known for good things and believe me, you'll be a collaborator in no time. 

You've already shown you want to help. We need people for our teams to make this website a big success. Good work is the path to recognition in all aspects of life. From the most important ones, to the just-for-pleasure ones, like music and an interenet forum and website. 

Welcome!  
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:42am
Hi T 666, thanks for the welcome

i'd like to know, how to submit an information of a band that's still not available in the archives ?
and is it allowed to provide the information of that band by copy-pasting from another website (wikipedia,musicmight,band's myspace,etc) ?

progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 4:33am
Enthusiasm is a good step, and you've already shown tons, so hopefully you'll get recognised sometime. To echo what some others have said, any contributions you can make to the site are greatly appreciated, especially in these early stages.

Welcome to the site!
-Joel
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 6:05am
stephen, you will have new links in the member zone for special action like

add: artist
add: albums
edit artist and albums(genre)

and more.

Ask questions if you need help in the special collab. forums or the sub-forums of your team

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic