MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Grindcore Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:57pm
^Smoke
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 4:35pm
Squash Bowels' debut cult album will be rereleased on CD this year (maybe it's already out) - has anybody heard it?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 12:11am
Never heard of them.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 3:00pm
They're supposed to be a legendary grindcore act. I've heard the album now, and it's interesting but nothing I'll listen to extensively again.

I was positively surprised by the "Fear"-EP by Dead in the Dirt, though. I've also just heard the new Kataplexis/Breathe Knives split. There's some interesting experimentation with noise on it, and a funny trmix of a microsong called "Fuckguy", but other than that it doesn't really appeal to me.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 3:31pm
It�s interesting with grindcore. I�d say about 90% of what�s out there don�t appeal much to me, but when I find a grindcore album that really clicks, I can�t think of anything else I�d like to hear before a wild night in town. There are some pretty great acts out there. They are just few and far between.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 7:31pm
Grindcore is pretty much my favorite metal subgenre. But I don't like 70% of punk bands. Idk.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

Grindcore is pretty much my favorite metal subgenre. But I don't like 70% of punk bands. Idk.

Awesome! Smile We definitely have a shortage of grindcore fans over here. Thumbs Down
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Awesome! Smile We definitely have a shortage of grindcore fans over here. Thumbs Down

I seem to have noticed Unhappy. There is a LOT of grind bands absent from the grindcore section.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:48pm
I do like having 4 Anaal Nathrakh releases in the top grindcore albums list on here. Wink
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I do like having 4 Anaal Nathrakh releases in the top grindcore albums list on here. Wink

srsly Confused. They are really good though, just not quite THAT good.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 10:37pm

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

srsly Confused. They are really good though, just not quite THAT good.

Feel free to contribute your own ratings or reviews to help get other grind releases up there that you see more fit. Smile

Edited by J-Man - 08 Oct 2011 at 10:37pm
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by goskoski goskoski wrote:

I have not listened to a lot of Grindcore and I am not so familiar with this genre. Are Electro Hippies considered Grindcore. I read that they play Crustcore. Does Kataclysm's song Sorcery fall under Grindcore?

Give me an acoustical example of:

1. Grindcore
2. Crust Punk/Crustcore/Crustgrind
3. Deathgrind
4. Goregrind
5. Mathcore

Electro Hippies are a crust/punk band. They certaintly influenced grindcore, but they aren't grindcore.

That Kataclysm song sounds like death metal. Never thought of them as a grindcore band either.

1. Grindcore

Many people hate grindcore bands tendency for obnoxiously short songs, but I love them.
More

It's still pretty hard to tell the line between grindcore,crustcore, and some hardcore. Venomous Concept is one of those bands that people seem to think they are a hardcore band with grindcore influence, or they are a grindcore band with hardcore influence. I personnally think they are grindcore.

2. Crust

Crust grew into grindcore, and there are some bands that fit both genres.

3. Deathgrind
Takes the riffs more common to Death Metal and pairs them with the more grindcore like blast beats and the occasional grindcore riff, and generally the the growls are more death metal like. The song length also tends to be more "normal" lenght as opposed to the 1/2 minutes blasts.

4. Goregrind is pretty much deathgrind with a fixation of being as nasty and sick as humanly possible. I tend to not like these bands as much even if they are tongue in cheek. Normaly the vocal style is more of the gurgle sound too.

Rather appropriate video.......

5. Mathcore

Really isnt in the same sphere as grindcore, and they tend to have more in common with deathcore/metalcore bands than grindcore, even though there are some bands that do mix the lines between the two. The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza is listed here under grindcore, as is The Red Chord, but I have never thought of them as grindcore bands, and always thought of them as mathcore.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 10:46pm
I like how sometimes, the production makes the music sound more brutal.

Look at the Gore Metal era version of Exhumed's "Necromaniac".

Here's the 2011 version.  It's just not the same. Unhappy

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 7:05pm
I have Exhumed's Slaughtercult on CD.  I'm at a loss as to which song to upload to here.  Any requests?
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:53pm
Not a really big fan of Exhumed. Stuff before Gore Metal was cool and it's still a great live band.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 2:35am
I liked the new album and enjoyed seeing Exhumed live about a month ago, but they didn�t blow my mind or anything like that. Solid performance of a pretty one-dimensional backcatalogue.
S33T View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S33T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:42am
wasn't it exhumed on Party San Open Air that ride to the wrong location, so we had to waith xD hahaha
but not really the band I like, it's cool.. [:
192 juicy bodies of children. I'm a sadist.
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:48am
Yes, Exhumed was in Bad Berka instead of Schlotheim at the time they had to play haha.
S33T View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S33T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 5:25am
still grindcore xD ahaha.
192 juicy bodies of children. I'm a sadist.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 6:23pm
Well, I just made Nasum's Shift the number 1 grindcore album here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic