MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Grindcore Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

5. Mathcore? I have no idea but I�m pretty sure it�s got nothing to do with grindcore. Probably hardcore influenced metal with and emphasis on odd time signatures.

Mathcore doesn't have anything to do with grindcore, except they both spawned off of hardcore punk.

And mathcore really has no inherent connection with metal. For example, Dillinger Escape Plan, the Number 12 looks Like You, the Chariot, and War from a Harlots Mouth are all mathcore.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 1:52am
^I guess my description was pretty fitting then.
TheCroust View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCroust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:47pm
Rotten Sound are flavour of the week with me...intense. Thanks for the rolo tomassi recommendation, they're playing near me next month, might have to check them out..

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 1:02pm

3. Deathgrind is just a combination of grindcore and death metal. I can�t think of an act right now allthough there are literally thousands out there. I�m sure someone else has a good suggestion.

FUCK.. Im DEAD

holy fuck tits i love this band 

Edited by SKwid - 08 Apr 2011 at 1:02pm

TheCroust View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCroust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:18pm
loads of free legit (I think) downloads here as well. most of the blurb's in spanish though..

http://enemy-of-the-music-business.blogspot.com/
TheCroust View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCroust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:19pm
tits, forgot to make it a link -  http://enemy-of-the-music-business.blogspot.com/

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:27pm
Just as long as they are legal Smile. We don�t want links to illegal downloads on the site. It�s a violation.

There�s a lot of interesting things on that blogspot that we haven�t included on MMA yet. We could definitely use more dedicated Collabs in the grindcore sub to sweep the net for new artists and releases.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:54pm

There�s a lot of interesting things on that blogspot that we haven�t included on MMA yet. We could definitely use more dedicated Collabs in the grindcore sub to sweep the net for new artists and releases.
 i would agree 

TheCroust View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCroust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 3:03pm
I'm pretty certain they are - not sure how you'd go about verifying that though? I'm not aware of anything illegal on there...
Lots of crust punk as well as grind, from all over the place Beer

and what are Collabs?
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 3:28pm
Collabs = Collaborators = people who maintain and edit the MMA fora and database.
TheCroust View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCroust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:23pm
Er, what would that involve, exactly? Just looking for stuff and posting it on here?
How much time does that sort of thing usually require? I might be able to help - I've  never been involved with anything like that but I could give it a go. Fairly busy with MA at the moment but it does mean I'm online quite a bit.

Also, can anyone review stuff and post it, or is it just people with experience? I've been wondering about doing something related to music journalism but havn't really got much idea where to start. Also never actually written a review before, but I suppose you've got to start somewhere...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:35pm

Anyone can and are welcome to post reviews here on MMA. In fact we strongly encourage that members of MMA contribute with reviews. The streaming reviews on the frontpage of the site is the backbone of MMA.

I�ll send you the PM which is the PM we sent to people interested in doing Collab work here. If you think you are up to the task after reading that you�re welcome to reply and we�ll talk about what you would like to contribute with. If not there�s no problem with that either. What�s most important to us, is that people who sign up for Collab duties are enthusiastic about MMA and don�t promise more than they deliver. It�s all explained in the PM I�ll send you in a minute though. And don�t worry it�s not like we don�t understand that people need to go to work and school or take care of their family. After all we�re here to have fun Tongue.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:36pm
Anyone can write a review, and if you want to become a collab you can post an application in the "Post Your Application For Genre Team"-or whatever Tongue, thread.

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by TheCroust TheCroust wrote:

Er, what would that involve, exactly? Just looking for stuff and posting it on here?
How much time does that sort of thing usually require? I might be able to help - I've  never been involved with anything like that but I could give it a go. Fairly busy with MA at the moment but it does mean I'm online quite a bit.

Also, can anyone review stuff and post it, or is it just people with experience? I've been wondering about doing something related to music journalism but havn't really got much idea where to start. Also never actually written a review before, but I suppose you've got to start somewhere...

Basically, a special collaborator is someone who will help add artists to the database, help fill in album information (year of release, album covers, lineups, recording info, etc.), and add missing albums.  A collaborator usually sticks to one or a few different sub-genres.  We are looking for people willing to contribute consistently, but you of course don't have to put in hours upon hours of time everyday or treat it like a full-time job (unless you want to, but the gig doesn't pay LOL).

If you are interested in applying, you can do so in the following thread: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=286
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:38pm
Whoah, 2 replies in the time it took me to respond. LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:40pm
Well I did start by saying that we really need Collabs didn�t I?LOL
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 5:40pm
I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but earlier this year a band called Wormrot really grabbed my attention. 
 And they are awesome. 

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 5:54pm
Because Wormrot are awesome.
Inexistence is the true normality.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but earlier this year a band called Wormrot really grabbed my attention. 
 And they are awesome. 

I enjoyed their newest album as well. Smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
synap2012 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synap2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:51pm
Anyone that likes bands that have a throw down live show, hate cops , smoke weed, played tooo much NES as a kid and like their Death Metal Spastic please check this band out!

On tour out west Aug 26th- Sept 25th

www.synapsedefect.com = tour dates and music vid

www.reverbnation.com/synapsedefect = new material

music vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78rkx1u8Dw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic