MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Van Halen Singer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which Van Halen singer is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [68.97%]
8 [27.59%]
1 [3.45%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Van Halen Singer
    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 4:24pm
DLR

I like Hagar and Cherone too, but they were best with Montrose and Extreme respectively. Despite the name, Van Halen was one of those bands where each member was equally important to defining their sound.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:49am
DLR, although SH has the better voice objectively. Don’t really know Van Halen with GC.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:23am
I did not vote but made a comment at some point.
Sammy got my vote.

An album with DRL is my favorite (1984), but Sammy is my choice.
DeKay View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:41pm
Sammy Hagar has a tremendous voice
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

David Lee Roth # 15 - Worst Outfits Ever Worn By Rock Stars
People didn't believe me when I talked about David Lee Roth's pants with his ass hanging out of them.
  I went for the gentleman aboveConfused I hope he did not bend over during the gig to do up his shoe laces Ouch I have seen that style of dress coming out of many a gay bar Down here ErmmLOL Still great showman and singer but he really should have got a new Stylist for his stage gear.Wink

ahhh,,,  the man just oozed class and style LOL
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 4:45pm

People didn't believe me when I talked about David Lee Roth's pants with his ass hanging out of them.
  I went for the gentleman aboveConfused I hope he did not bend over during the gig to do up his shoe laces Ouch I have seen that style of dress coming out of many a gay bar Down here ErmmLOL Still great showman and singer but he really should have got a new Stylist for his stage gear.Wink
Matt
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 2:25pm
I'll give it to David Lee Roth.  There are some cool songs they did with Sammy, but wasn't too impressed with what I've heard with Cherone as vocalist.  I prefer the Roth-era albums, so he gets the nod.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

They caution that it is just a rumor at this time but from a Van Halen fansite:  Will we see a new Van Halen album and/or tour next year? The facts are, two guitarists who are friends with Eddie � Dweezil Zappa and John 5 � have both recently admitted to hearing new Van Halen material and that it was killer. That�s good sign. Time will tell.

I'll be waiting....hopefully killer as in the early VH days.......I just think the lead singer could be the "killer" for any new material.....

I for one don't care who sings in VH, if the guitar work is good, nothing else matters.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:44pm

They caution that it is just a rumor at this time but from a Van Halen fansite:  Will we see a new Van Halen album and/or tour next year? The facts are, two guitarists who are friends with Eddie � Dweezil Zappa and John 5 � have both recently admitted to hearing new Van Halen material and that it was killer. That�s good sign. Time will tell.

I'll be waiting....hopefully killer as in the early VH days.......I just think the lead singer could be the "killer" for any new material.....
US Festival '83 "Heavy Metal Sunday" Survivor....
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:39pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:24pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Van Halen released one album titled Van Halen 3 with Gary Cherone as the lead singer.  He was originally the lead singer for the band Extreme, and left Extreme to join Van Halen and replace Sammy Hagar.  It went over like a lead balloon, but the album actually isn't all that bad. 

He should have stayed in Extreme......by that point Diamond Dave wanted to come back. VH was pretty much done by then also.
You hate to see a band with so much talent just fade away like they did....no closing/final tour/album or anything.....just gone.

RIP Van Halen......
I am wondering what their status is at the moment.  I know that they did a tour 1 or 2 years ago with Diamond Dave back singing and Wolfgang Van Halen playing bass guitar.  Is that the last that we will hear from them, or are they going into the studio with that line-up to record some new material?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:14pm

Van Halen released one album titled Van Halen 3 with Gary Cherone as the lead singer.  He was originally the lead singer for the band Extreme, and left Extreme to join Van Halen and replace Sammy Hagar.  It went over like a lead balloon, but the album actually isn't all that bad. 

He should have stayed in Extreme......by that point Diamond Dave wanted to come back. VH was pretty much done by then also.
You hate to see a band with so much talent just fade away like they did....no closing/final tour/album or anything.....just gone.

RIP Van Halen......
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 10:12am
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 10:09am
Got to be David Lee Roth for me, his voice, temperament, and dare I say it...image suits Van Halen best. Not that there's anything wrong with Sammy Hagar, whose vocal ability is considerably better, I think, but Davy has more of a glam metal voice, which is a better fit than Hagar's heavy blues voice. The third dude on the list, I have no clue about...so I'm guessing there's something I don't know?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 2:44pm
Being that I grew up in So Cal during the early VH days...I pick Diamond Dave all day long. Hagar is great, and I enjoy that period of VH also....but the first VH albums are simply classic So Cal rock. I remember seeing them at a local high school before they made it big playing a dance or some show...don't remember......Eddie is still the man, that stuff he was doing with a 6 string was years ahead of its time.

Although they lost me at the US Festival when DLR could not finish any of the songs cause he was so wasted.....he was being booed so bad it was actually funny....Regardless, 80% of the 350,000 people there came to see the Scorpions anyway, which they stole that show.

Diver Down is one of my VH favs.

Edited by Catcher10 - 13 Jul 2010 at 2:47pm
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 12:07pm
Diamond Dave no contest ..... even if he became somewhat of a clown....

Ozzy did too, right???
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 10:20am
DLR
GLAM METAL!
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by alberto mu�oz alberto mu�oz wrote:

The guy who sings this:

ClapClap  I think I posted that as well.. GREAT video... Rawks
alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 6:58pm
The guy who sings this:

Edited by alberto mu�oz - 12 Apr 2010 at 6:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic