Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Tech Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show me your instrument...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

So how does boosting work, just with specific boost pedals or any pedal? Are those Proco Rat pedals in the videos different from what you use? I don't think it's something I've ever done before.

You want a pedal with an EQ that cuts bass and raises mids.  Most common/classic are an Ibanez Tubescreamer or Boss SD-1.  You just turn the distortion on the pedal to 0, volume to max, tone knob near noon.  Oldest thrash metal tone trick in the book.

Try it with what you have, might work alright

Cool, good to know, never thought to do that. I'll have to see how my pedals are with that, anything to expand my range of sounds

Should try it with my drum machine too, I've put that through pedals and amps to get great tones.

Edited by Unitron - 04 Apr 2022 at 1:02am
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Kilimmaic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilimmaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 2:36pm
Love your guitars! I'm a guitar enthusiast too, and I'm impressed by your collection. Also, I want to buy a drum to expand my skills. Any recommendations? Specifically, I've been eyeing Pearl drums. Wondering if anyone here has some insights or pearl drums reviews to share. Would be grateful for reviews.

Edited by Kilimmaic - 11 Aug 2023 at 9:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic