MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noob power!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noob power!
    Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 5:31am
Time Signature from the PA and ProgFreak signing on. I have the great pleasure of being both a proghead and a metalhead (I mean, lucky me being able to enjoy exploring two such wonderfully multifacetted musical universes). I don't have any genre preference within the metal genre, and I enjoy listening to a lot of different bands ranging from hard rock over classic metal and doom metal and power metal and prog metal to thrash metal and death metal and even some grindcore. Although I like a lot of different metal artists, my favorite band is Iron Maiden, they always have been and always will be. It's because of them that I got into music (although my upbrining on a healthy diet of The Beatles, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Rainbow, and The Rolling Stones - and whatever else my dad would listen to - should not be underestimated).
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 6:31am
Hello and welcomeSmile! It is wonderful to see open-minded music fans join a community like ours. Fellow Maiden fan here - started listening to them when they released their debut album, and never stopped since then. I've seen them live three times so far (the first time was the legendary "Powerslave" tour in 1984), and will see them for the fourth time when they tour the US with Dream Theater in July. 
Bomb Brigade View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomb Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 9:41pm
Time Signature,that is the ideology that all fans of music should embrace;to be multifaceted and diversein their appreciation of the medium.It's great to see like-minded people on here.UP THE IRONS!
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:33am
Thanks, guys and gals :-)

One of the things that I like about metal is how dynamic and innovative, yet respectful towards its root, it is as a genre. Contrary to what I've head some progheads say, metal is not rigid; it's ever changing, ever developing without losing its edge and agression. As a metalhead, I discover new genres and new artists almost every day - that's great! :-)
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 8:24am
Rawks BENVENUTO Rawks
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 9:30am
i always have a big respect for people who have a lot of interest in many genres (and even outside rock/metal) and even he/she dislike a genre, he still got the ability of reviewing an album from a very objective side.

Kudos!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic