Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timo Tolkki - Loneliness Of A 1000 Years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timo Tolkki - Loneliness Of A 1000 Years
    Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:05pm
Maybe it's old news for many of you guys, but I just heard about Timo's (ex Stratovatius, ex Revolution Renaissance ex Symfonia) book today through Facebook.

I'm right now at the middle of it, and, well, basically it's about his manic depression psychosis and this heavy period of his life, a kind of 'making the demons run away' thing.

But for me it sounds very very forced at times.

I'll be back to write more when I finish it
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:36pm
I'm on the fence about this.  It's really sad to see what a mental disorder has done to someone who was once thought of as a musical genius, and who had inspired so many.  The guy's broke and completely out of ideas for his music.  But he's done so many shitty things in the past 10 years that I just can't take him seriously anymore.  Lying about former band members, causing drama, leaving basically every band he's been in pissed off and without money, being an asshole on the Internet, etc.  Doesn't seem like the same guy who wrote such inspiring songs in the 90s.

It's surely an interesting read, but take everything in it with a grain of salt.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 11:28pm
I've just read it, and it's very disturbing, he write in circles and everything have to do with his suicidal father. Ciclic topics, the same phrases, same thoughts all over.

At the end he start this philosophical explanation about the Earth and then God, and then comes back. It's a great mess, a complete messed mind really.
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:11pm
Read the first 23 pages and boy is that a depressing read. The man is far from happy and clearly suffering from a mental illness. I feel for him.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Read the first 23 pages and boy is that a depressing read. The man is far from happy and clearly suffering from a mental illness. I feel for him.

Yeah he is suffering. The book is so complicated to get, he run away from topics all the time, suffering mind at all means. Sad Unhappy
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

LucidSamples View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LucidSamples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 7:34am
I am going to read it :)
Dj Samples for music producers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic