Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bands With Great B Sides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bands With Great B Sides
    Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 8:46am
No, not a butt-worship thread. Wink

Which bands do you think have top notch rarities, b sides and non-album tracks ?
Bands that if they released a compilation of the stuff, it'd be one of their best albums.

I would nominate (not metal I know, but yours probably will be) Arctic Monkeys. They have four studio albums, but almost a full 40 b sides, then about 10 more in demos. Most of those tracks are really good and would fit on a greatest hits album, and a lot of them get played live.

B sides off of the last two albums in particular have been even better than the last two albums themselves in my opinion.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 9:25am
Can�t say I know much about Arctic Monkeys besides some "hits" I�ve heard on the radio, but if I was to nominate an act it would be Katatonia. Most of their B-sides and rarities could easily have been included on the "real" albums.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 10:47am
The Iron Maiden B-Sides release is pretty good, but I don't know that I would say it would be one of their best albums.  There are some pretty good songs on there.

Anthrax's Attack of the Killer B's has some decent songs on it, but again I wouldn't say that it would be one of their best albums.

I also think that Metallica have some pretty good B sides and "Rarities".  Their cover of Breadfan is one of my favorite songs from them.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Kingcrimsonprog Kingcrimsonprog wrote:

No, not a butt-worship thread. Wink

Goddammit.  That's a let down. AngryAngryAngryWink

The black metal band Leviathan has a bunch of them from demos already put into compilations.  I own Howl Mockery at the Cross and that has some killer tracks.  I've heard the 2CD compilation Verrater as well, probably even better.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:16pm
Leviathan also has a great number of awesome tracks put only in splits with other bands.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic