MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrand new metal!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand new metal!
    Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 7:12am
Hey guys! I'd like to recommend some brand new metal! It's actually my own Band's music if you guys don't mind. It's a fat mix of 8-string proggyness rounded up with aggressive synthesizers! Here's a link to our website:

http://www.facebook.com/indefiniteband?sk=app_2405167945

Enjoy fellas! Take care!

Edited by Stenfeldt - 12 Feb 2012 at 7:12am
-| See you on the other side |-
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 9:36am
Hmm...difficult to place really. Thrash, death or progressive metal? I lean towards thrash for the hybrid modern death thrash sound, but there are certainly progressive leanings too that could warrant an inclusion in progressive metal. Actually the longer I get into the tracks the more progressive leanings I hear. I guess progressive metal might actually be the right place. Opinions anyone?
Stenfeldt View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Hmm...difficult to place really. Thrash, death or progressive metal? I lean towards thrash for the hybrid modern death thrash sound, but there are certainly progressive leanings too that could warrant an inclusion in progressive metal. Actually the longer I get into the tracks the more progressive leanings I hear. I guess progressive metal might actually be the right place. Opinions anyone?

Haha! Cool man! Yeah it's kinda hard to place as you said Big smile even our selves can't place it really. Progressive metal/metal with a touch of jazz (in enemy of god) and maybe some other genres too Tongue

Don't forget to like our facebook page if you enjoyed it! Smile

Edited by Stenfeldt - 12 Feb 2012 at 9:41am
DefinitionOfHatred View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 9:45am
Indeed, it sounds a lot prog. But it also has a strong thrash/melodeath feel to it, so it may be ambiguous. I'd put it on progressive metal, but it may also be considered thrash (like Meshuggah).
Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 9:52am
Yes this one is hard to pin down to one particular style, but I don't think a prog metal tag would be inappropriate.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 11:25am
Well let�s ask the progressive metal team to take a listen then. I�ll post in their thread.
Stenfeldt View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 3:40pm
DefinitionOfHatred: Indeed we are inspired by Meshuggah. Smile
Stooge: Yeah i agree there are some prog in there Wink
UMUR: Thanks man! Thanks for sharing our music and taking it further away in discussion! I appreciate it! Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:50am
For now it�s a yes for progressive metal. Your band might be moved later if more members of the progressive metal team feel that your band should be placed elsewhere.

Can you please help us with a band photo, a biography, cover artwork, release year, tracklists (preferably with track times and full time) and lineups for the various releases. It�s possible to copy/paste pics into this thread.

Edited by UMUR - 17 Feb 2012 at 10:51am
Stenfeldt View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 9:07am
----- Info about our EP -----

Released 2011

Indefinite - Kuru                        3.31 
Indefinite - Borderline              4.51
Indefinite - Enemy of God       4.02
Full time                                   12.00

----- Cover Artwork -----

----- Lineup -----

Joel Lundin - Drums
Martin Hall�n - Vocals
Nicolas Risberg - Guitars
Robin Stenfeldt - Guitars
Maximilian Tuvfesson Alm - Bass
Sebastian Dohm-Hansen - Synthesizers

----- Biography -----

Indefinite as band has seen a lot of change during the years: both musically and in regard of its members. At its inception and founding by drummer Joel Lundin, Sebastian Dohm-Hansen (an old friend of his) joined up with, what at first was only drums and guitar, to give it a touch of ambience.
In addition, a new guitarist showed up: Nicolas Risberg, who brought the first 8-string to the band. All of a sudden, a heavier foundation was laid and the synths was made increasingly aggressive (with inspiration from the darker derivatives of industrial music).

A bass player was introduced: Max Tufvesson - becoming a core member along with the rest. Max, who had grown up alongside Joel found the idea of playing together enthralling and joined without a doubt. As did the singer Martin: upon arriving at the rehearsal room the first time, what he heard was just drums and synths playing for him. Now, Joel and Sebastian was concerned this wouldn't be enough to convince Martin to join. "Of course, you need to hear the guitar, bass and song to make it complete and to fully understand the passion of the song", but Martin replied without hesitation: "I have never heard anything like this before.... This is just brilliant. I'm in!".

"Indefinite" was thus set in motion.. The 8-string, bass, drums, synthesizer&keyboards and male singer now meant that the band could write a more aggressive kind of music than was first thought. But one 8-string wasn't enough - it couldn't alone face-up to the demands of metal-riffs along with classical harmony. We needed one more.

The band saw a couple of 2nd guitarists, but finally came Robin and completed the circle - with a sigh of relief from the rest of us. We were a full band with potential once more.

As time went by, we began writing more and more material, aiming higher and higher and introducing elements never used by the band. And herein lies the progressive concept of "Indefinite": never be confined by "genre"; be eclecticistic. What ever be your source of inspiration, your compositional touch or idols, write what comes in mind and don't be afraid to challange the conventional. We aim not to revolutionize, only to introduce our apprehension of music to you regardless of your preferences - we hope that you can enjoy the share love for music that we feel.

----- Band Photo -----

Edited by Stenfeldt - 26 Feb 2012 at 9:21am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 1:09am
Indefinte added: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/indefinite.aspx 

As per site policy I�ve now locked the thread. If you have any additional information you�d like to have on the profile, please PM me, and I�ll open the thread again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic