MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nickelback respond to online insults from music fa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nickelback respond to online insults from music fa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nickelback respond to online insults from music fa
    Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 3:36am
Well you can say what you want about these guys, but they sure know how to repond to criticismBig smile:
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:42am
I liked that, I'm on their side I guess. Even if I'd never buy an album of theirs.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
DefinitionOfHatred View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinitionOfHatred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:45am
Hate this band (most of this work at least) but that was a wise answer.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:33am
As awful as Nickelback may be, you've at least go to give them credit in that they were one of the bands to help bring guitar solos back to popular rock music after the early 90s.  That's more than I can say about the Black Keys
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:40pm
I haven't even heard about The Black Keys, but I've heard about Nickelback. I guess that says a lot.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:40pm

That was a pretty stupid thing to say on Patrick's part,but The Black Keys are still about ten times better a band than Nickelback.

Seriously this,

or this.

Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:45pm
It's bad enough we have these guys on the archives. The response was great though. I lol'd.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 4:09pm
Well as we have a hard rock catagory that most Collabs supported the idea of, I think it makes pretty good sense that a band like Nickelback are here. I can�t claim to be much of a fan but that doesn�t mean I don�t think they belong here.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:32pm
Yep, if MMA is going to have a hard rock category (which I think is a great idea), it'd be dumb not to include Nickelback. We can't just include bands we like here, for better or for worse.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:50pm
It's not that opinions on the band matter, but the genre itself. I've always thought of Nickelback as a pop rock band, not a hard rock band. But I'm not a collaborator, so I don't make those decisions. 
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 8:57pm
There is more to their music than what you hear on the radio.

Not that I recommend listening to any of it, but it's the thought that counts
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:13pm
I hate the shit out of this band.  However, I kind of like how they just laugh everything off.  If I was able to make a buttload of money by doing what they do, I'd probably be taking more or less the same approach to totally justified criticism: "Well I'm successful and you're not, soooo...."
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

I've always thought of Nickelback as a pop rock band, not a hard rock band.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:15am
That one even crosses into metal territory to my earsSmile
IMPF View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 11:48am

Edited by IMPF - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:02pm
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 4:09am
Not a Nickleback fan at all . . .

But those were great responses Tongue.
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 6:07pm
lol!
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:22pm
Love the responses and their songs aren't that bad I mean I like the song "Rockstar" and "Photograph" so don't see why those people are bashing them like crazy! Wish I could come up with responses like those!
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:40pm
That vid/song of Burn it to the Ground,
Sounds too much like Maryland Mansoon and Black era Metallica (Pantera's "Walk" too?) bashed
together.  Its not that bad, but I'm going to sound elitist  . . .
That "audience" just makes me cringe Ermm . . . but then again, Theyre a success, I'm not Embarrassed.

The music is just not my cup of joe I guess, I like mine black as tar, with a bit of sugar Tongue.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 23 Aug 2012 at 5:49pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic