Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Meshuggah album completed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Meshuggah album completed
    Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 2:57pm
As listed on meshuggah.net:

New Album Done!

1/4/2012

After a long time of deep 
soul searching and intense
wrecking of the psyches, the 
new album is finally done.

Soon you will meet this colossus
that will pulverize your being.

Welcome to the other side
on March 27.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 3:57pm
HeadbangerBowdown
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 7:20am
I remember really digging Destroy Erase Improve when it came out...never followed much after that.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 9:13am
Hope it's better than ObZen which I really did not enjoy lol
Though outside of DEI and I...I've seriously lost a lot of my taste for Meshuggah
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 9:38am
I�m more fond of them than ever. Absolutely loved ObZenBowdown. I�ve followed Meshuggah since the debut album which I purchased on vinyl way back when. I never really liked them much though before I saw them live about 5 or 6 years ago. Then I was seriously hooked. It was one of those mind altering experiences.

Edited by UMUR - 05 Jan 2012 at 9:39am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 11:10am
Sure your mind wasn't altered? Wink

Yeah man used to love all their shit, but with time I just lost my taste for most of it. Chaosphere and especially Nothing.
I do still love DEI and I. The latter being my favorite release. Brilliant 21 minutes!

What pisses me off about obZen is musically it's awesome. A  bit samey and unrelenting but really good, and some of the songs are killer. His vocals just end it though. All personal preference, but some different vocals on obZen and I would've liked it tons more! 

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 11:25am
For me, the only Meshuggah album worth owning is Catch Thirtythree.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 1:11pm
One of the things I like about Meshuggah is that there are no compromises. They don�t put melody into their music to make it accessible or use other "cheap" tricks. They are relentlessly energetic, cold, aggressive and mechanical yet it�s clearly human beings playing. However it�s the hypnotic groove that really sets them apart from other highly technical extreme metal acts. What initially may seem repetitive and unpenetrable turns out highly dancableLOL if you get the groove.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 1:51pm
The only thing I disliked about ObZen was the drum tones which I thought were a bit piercing.  I'm looking forward to this album
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

One of the things I like about Meshuggah is that there are no compromises. They don�t put melody into their music to make it accessible or use other "cheap" tricks. They are relentlessly energetic, cold, aggressive and mechanical yet it�s clearly human beings playing. However it�s the hypnotic groove that really sets them apart from other highly technical extreme metal acts. What initially may seem repetitive and unpenetrable turns out highly dancableLOL if you get the groove.

Oh yeah you know I will always respect that.
I just don't really like a lot of it! Also the vocals man...I really do hate them, so muchCry

My brother just said supposedly this album was going to be more of a band effort, like their first 2 as opposed to all the later ones. DEI is my absolute favorite album so I'll hold some hope. Just please Jens...please spare me! Yeah, musically obZen is brilliant. I love the tech thrash w/ djent groove. I just need to find a way to remove Jens !!

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 05 Jan 2012 at 2:16pm

Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 7:36pm
Fuck yea!! Headbanger
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 12:46am
Well that's good there's an official release, thought it was coming out last year...obviously not.  Nonetheless, still will definitely pick it up.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 8:26pm
I was disappointed with OBZEN which I find to be pretty boring. I don't like either the title or the song titles from the new album but I still hope it will be better than  OBZEN and will definitely check it out.

Edited by bartosso - 19 Jan 2012 at 8:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic