MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Weight Loss, Weight Lifting, Running And Fitness
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weight Loss, Weight Lifting, Running And Fitness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight Loss, Weight Lifting, Running And Fitness
    Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 7:51am
So, who here is into weightlifting, running, hiking, playing highly physical sports ?
Who here is taking weight loss seriously ?
Who is naturally skinny but inactive ?
Who is heavy, inactive and proud ?

What are your general attitudes to and experiences of exercise and fitness in its various forms ?

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 8:21am
I'm very inconsistent when it comes to exercise.  I often go through a routine of push-ups and sit-ups, followed by around 30 minutes on an exercise bike before I have a shower.  However, I often stray from this practice Embarrassed.  3 or so years ago, I used to weigh in at around 165-170 lbs, which may not sound too heavy but I'm only 5 foot 5.   I'm much more strict these days when it comes to indulging in junk food (though I still indulge every now and then), and my weight now fluctuates around the 150 lb mark.
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 12:55pm
At my absolute heaviest I was 18 stone/250ish pounds, at my lightest I got it down to 12 stone/170ish pounds, then put on more (hopefully in muscle) over this last years or so. I'm six foot though, so the 12 stone was really pleasing.

Winter is mildly annoying, its harder to make yourself stick to excersising when its wet and dark and it is harder to eat properly around the holidays.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 1:39pm
I rock climb, and work out a bit in my basement, but that's about the extent of my exercise.  I'm 5'11" and weigh about 140 lbs, so I guess I'm pretty skinny
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Kingcrimsonprog Kingcrimsonprog wrote:

Winter is mildly annoying, its harder to make yourself stick to excersising when its wet and dark and it is harder to eat properly around the holidays.

Definitely.  Playing basketball is my main form of exercise from March-October, but during the winter I'm stuck with my treadmill, which I HATE!  Time goes by a lot slower when I'm running in place than when I'm shooting hoops.

As for weight lifting, I enjoy it, but I'm not a hardcore power lifter or anything like that.  I'll hit up the gym during downtime once in a while, but I don't like crowds, so I usually nix that for a couple months after the new year so everyone can get their resolutions out of the way.  All you really need are push ups, sit ups, and pull ups, all of which I can do at home, so I just do that for the most part.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 2:05pm
move somewhere with more snow Tongue
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 2:22pm
I was a bit of a lazy fatty kid as a teenager, but since I lost a couple of kg of my 90 in military service I've lost 18 more without really trying during the past few years. I eat lots but less sugars and other bad stuff and I go out with the dogs every day and do some other sports now and then. Most of the weight loss happened when I was doing a lot of physical work at the warehouse and eating lots of delicious food cooked by my vegetarian girlfriend. I drink a lot more beer now than I did in those days, maybe that's why I still cling on to the last remains of my big belly.

Every old friend I meet nowadays after let's say five or six years of not meeting, everyone is shocked of how skinny I am today.

Last winter I went skating a lot on the nearby ice, and after a couple of months I noticed some weird things above my knees which I ended up recognising as muscles. That was fun. I should fix my rollerbladed so I could skate more in the summer. Though when I skate with the busted up ones I guess it's good for the muscles.

Edited by Pekka - 18 Dec 2011 at 2:25pm
<- Click on this!
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 2:43pm
im 6'2 and probably about 160, and im pretty skinny. 
i usually try and rock climb a couple times every week 
about the same as colin, with a bit more height and build i guess. 
i play too much video games 

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 9:12pm
At first I was like "caio there's no way you're built like I am"

...but that's Christian Wacko
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 7:50pm
I run everyday :D not really for exercise mainly started to be prepared for a zombie invasion (-_-....no lie) and now it's a habit I guess :3 I'm 5'1 and...no idea how much I weigh O.o but i'm curvy so thats good for a girl right? ^^
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Kingcrimsonprog Kingcrimsonprog wrote:

Who is naturally skinny but inactive ?

Me.

That said, I often like to go for long walks, and going for hikes and going kayaking when I get the chance, but in general I'm a pretty lazy son of a bitch. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic