MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BENT SEA grindcore: Aborted/Soilwork/D. Townsend
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BENT SEA grindcore: Aborted/Soilwork/D. Townsend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote napalmdirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BENT SEA grindcore: Aborted/Soilwork/D. Townsend
    Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 12:48am
Bent Sea, the grindcore ensemble led by drummer/guitarist Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork, Scarve) and featuring Sven De Caluw� (Aborted) on vocals and Devin Townsend on bass, released their debut EP Noistalgia as a digital download on 11/11/11.

Noistalgia, which was produced by Townsend, contains 11 tracks of pure old school grindcore.
Get it now for only $5.50 at the Bent Sea website.

Listen to the title track at Bent Sea's StereoKiller page.

"Noistalgia is a furious grindcore/death metal EP I never saw coming from Dirk, simply becoz I didn�t know he was such a huge fan of this kind of metal. But I'm happy he is, becoz Bent Sea is just as competent as you�d expect from Dirk." -globaldomination.se

"Paying homage to the likes of old-school grind bands such as Napalm Death, Repulsion, and Nasum, not only does the EP match the intensity of those great bands step for step, but it�s also smart enough to remember that the greatest early grindcore records knew how to be as catchy as they are throttling. It�s a mighty fine 12 track, 20-plus minute little record, one that�s so good that we can only hope it won�t be a one-time thing."
-Adrien Begrand, msn.com

"With such experienced musicians in the line-up, it comes as no surprise that the music of Bent Sea should reflect their expertise in metal. A quick glance at the �bowel-churners� listed in the liner notes and it all becomes clearer: Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror, Terrorizer, Carcass, Unseen Terror, Rotten Sound - the members of Bent Sea, in addition to hailing from the old scene, remain adherents to it, and it is this firmly drawn allegiance to the old that makes this EP so great." -voicesfromthedarkside.de

"Noistalgia is like an uppercut straight to the face [...] kind of like Vallenfyre, it's a look in the rear view mirror that should please all extreme music lovers." -metalsickness.com

"The tracks follow each other without respite, tearing it up severely [...] reminding me of Napalm Death's From Enslavement to Obliteration." -lahordenoire.free.fr

"Extreme and powerful, a real wall of sound with ultra-precise, devastating drumming." -trexsound.com

Edited by napalmdirk - 09 Dec 2011 at 8:04pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 2:20am
I heard about this project a couple of weeks back. Sounds like something I could enjoy. I hope someone drops me a promo so I can write a review.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:58am
Solid track.
napalmdirk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote napalmdirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 5:11pm
Bent Sea, the grindcore trio led by Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork, Scarve) with Sven De Caluw� (Aborted, System Divide) and Devin Townsend is streaming another track off the widely acclaimed self-released debut EP Noistalgia. Listen to �A Common Affliction� here: http:www/bentsea.com/music.php.

On Tuesday, January 10th, RealLesson.com is hosting a free Bent Sea listening party and chat with Dirk Verbeuren. Click the link below to sign up; places are limited, so act fast!
http://www.facebook.com/events/321184597902803/

�The rousing, ripping, aptly-titled EP [is] a dead-on evocation of Napalm Death and Repulsion, which remembers just how catchy and deceptively dynamic those old classic albums were.� -DecibelMagazine.com

�Grindcore done right.� -Blistering.com

�A very enjoyable release that fans of the genre are recommended to give a listen.� -MetalMusicArchives.com

�A scathing ode to the heydays of Napalm Death and Extreme Noise Terror.� -LordsOfMetal.nl

�An opus that breathes new life into the genre by drawing on its roots.� -French-Metal.com

�Noistalgia is a highly enjoyable piece of death/grind.� -Brutalism.com

�If you like grindcore, you need to check this out immediately.� -GunShyAssassin.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic