Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albums You Think Are Absolutely Perfect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

^ If they were perfect, they would endure the test of time. Tongue

I was referring to the amount of broken images, rather than changes in opinion. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 2:25pm
^ And I made a joke, with a full grasp of your "reference". Smile

Edited by Shadowyzard - 13 Jul 2021 at 2:25pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 3:43pm
Here's one for me:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

^ And I made a joke, with a full grasp of your "reference". Smile

It really didn't come across that way. 

I'm chuckling a bit now, but this is the trouble with the internet. We don't always read everything in the tone its intended. LOL
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 4:20pm
For albums featured on MMA, I will say:

Intronaut - Prehistoricisms
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Gorguts - Colored Sands
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

For other genres there are countless but off the top of my head:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Van Morrison - St Dominic's Preview
Stereolab - Dots and Loops
Steely Dan - Aja
blink-182 - Dude Ranch
The Beatles - Abbey Road
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Iwan Ruby View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwan Ruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 11:29am
Helloween - Walls Of Jericho
this album is very interesting from the various things that are poured in it.. the emotions of each song are very strong, and the personnel's age is still very young which makes the feel of rebellion very strong!

Angra - Temple Of Shadows
this album is the golden era of modern angra formation, all the songs are really in the right composition.. proven by that 'Spread Your Fire' is one of the most covered power metal songs!
ORIDISTRO Your Criminal Partners
LightningRider View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:00am
I give out perfect ratings pretty commonly.  I believe perfection comes in many forms and that each genre is a "form" that can be perfected.  As far as metal goes, I'd pick my avatar, but as far as the greatest album of all time, I've never found anything that beat out Led Zeppelin IV.  BUt believe me, I've been looking.
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
DeathofMan View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathofMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:53pm

This album is SO good, and In The Shadow of Our Pale Companion is one of the greatest songs ever written

A celebration for the death of man…
             …and the great cold death of the Earth

Edited by DeathofMan - 29 Jan 2022 at 11:56pm
LightningRider View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 11:38am
Currently, I've got 78 metal albums that I consider perfect.  I know that feels like a lot, but I have a firm rule about judging every genre: every genre is its own artform with its own set of rules, and these rules should be taken into account when judging.  Since I listen to every type of metal, I have quite a few examples of perfection, ranging from the melodic and extreme black metal of Thurisaz to the complex and maniacal punk-metal of Converge to even the lighter but still energetic bridge between heavy metal and hair metal of Motley Crue, who put the metal in hair metal in ways most hair bands can't do.

NOTE: I do NOT consider Van Halen hair metal.

Once I get through with Decade of Aggression, I'll check on some of the metal albums I fear I may be overrating, like Stormwarrior's At Foreign Shores and Ensiferum's self-titled.  But here's my top ten:

1. Metallica - Ride the Lightning (thrash and heavy with touches of speed and prog)
2. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (early heavy metal with a little doom and psych)
3. Neurosis - Through Silver and Blood (somewhat progressive atmo-sludge)
4. Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera (controversial pick, I know, but the least monotonous of the BG classics)
5. My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours (death doom metal with a strong Gothic touch)
6. Dream Theater - Metropolis, Pt. 2 (prog metal with touches of Queensryche and Pink Floyd)
7. Helloween - Keeper, Pt. 2 (power metal's most anthemic and catchy album)
8. Immortal - At the Heart of Winter (melodic black with some thrash and a hint of prog)
9. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality (early heavy metal with strong doom undertones)
10. Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (a very diverse metal album, but not the prog album it's made out to be)

Edited by LightningRider - 30 Jan 2022 at 11:39am
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
DeathofMan View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathofMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 5:03pm

Here's another album I consider perfect. There's very few albums that can match the levels of genuine anger and pain expressed on Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral. Listening to this album is an intense and humbling experience.

Edited by DeathofMan - 31 Jan 2022 at 5:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic