MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What effect do album aesthetics have on listening?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What effect do album aesthetics have on listening?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 6:46am
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

^^ I wouldnt bother with Winds of Plague because that "Font" is being overused LOL.

This type of Metal should have a new genre, "Generic Death Metal" Confused.

Actually, I've listened to their third album The Great Stone War and I think it's a major improvement.  It's a very interesting brand of symphonic deathcore.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 6:17am
It doesn't matter to me whether the album art "reflects" the music or not. But I do need a strong image (or images) with lots of character, to help me successfully assign the aural experience to a visual experience. That's important if you listen to a lot of music, it helps you remember better how "that album" was. 
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 6:57pm
I love listening to an album and having the artwork clearly in your head as you listen. The artwork is part of an album, it is part of it's visual side, and completes the music itself. I always keep the artwork in mind somehow when listening to something, and I'll continue doing so. 

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 4:11pm
I find it all has a huge effect on my impressions, music videos, photo shoots in magazines, interviews, lyrical presentation in the booklet and most of all, cover art. It has a massive effect on my prejudices, preconceptions etc if I listen to it after having seen or read anything about it, and can change my initial  reaction if I see/hear/read things like that afterward.

I thought Master Of Puppets was a completely different record before I saw the photos inside the booklet.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic