MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunn O)))'s live albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunn O)))'s live albums
    Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:00pm
Sunn O))) has six full-length albums to date.  These are all very common albums with basically unlimited pressing.  But what about their live albums?

Sunn O))) are one of those bands who has an interesting habit of doing live performances using none of their songs they made in the studio, so all their live albums are really an independent experience.

Unfortunately, they are all in a limited format; some of them are on vinyl.  So if you have a physical copy of one of these, you really have something special.

Here's some of my favorite of them:

Live White

Domkirke
http://grooveshark.com/#/album/D+mkirke/4305865  (look up track listing for proper playing order)

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 11:23am
I hear the one they released this year is good as well, but I haven't heard it and it's not on grooveshark.

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:27pm
I'd love to get my hands on some of those.  I'll probably listen to these two on grooveshark at some point.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 6:48am
I actually gave the Agharti one a listen, and one of the songs is really interesting.  "A/Interior I/Eye" starts off with Attila reciting the lyrics from "Aghartha" from Monoliths and Dimensions, but the music is different and even his vocal delivery is different.  He finishes the recital of those lyrics at some point, then starting at the 11:50 mark, he does some Hungarian throat singing, before finishing the final third of the song with his standard Hungarian chants.  Pretty much his best vocal performance ever.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image