MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which is rarer...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is rarer...
    Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 8:42pm
The prog-loving woman or the metal-loving woman?

I contend it is the former.
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

Definitely.
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 9:02pm
There are many metal loving women...
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 9:06pm
There are many of both... 
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 7:14am
And here's one who loves bothWink!

Seriously speaking, I've probably seen more women at metal concerts than at prog ones, though the difference was never overwhelming. In any case, there are many more than you would expect - so let's try to attract some more women here, and not run them offWink!

Metalbaswee View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Seriously speaking, I've probably seen more women at metal concerts than at prog ones, though the difference was never overwhelming. In any case, there are many more than you would expect - so let's try to attract some more women here, and not run them offWink!

There is no such thing as women on the internet... Stern Smile

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Metalbaswee Metalbaswee wrote:

This. My girlfriend loves both prog and metal, but it seems there's no way in hell she's ever going to join PA or MMA, and I've been trying for a long time Tongue
<- Click on this!
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

This. My girlfriend loves both prog and metal, but it seems there's no way in hell she's ever going to join PA or MMA, and I've been trying for a long time Tongue

This. My girlfriend would never be so "geeky" as to be on an internet forum and with special tags under her name to top things and make it even
"geekier" LOL
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:26am
Do you mean I'm geekyAngryLOL?
lucas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:27am

MMA was created very recently ?

lucas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:27am
What's the point of this thread ?
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:34am
Originally posted by lucas lucas wrote:

What's the point of this thread ?

Just having some fun... Perhaps you've noticed this is in the General Discussion section - the one where people can talk about anything not related to music. We have a similar section on PA, in case you have not noticed.
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:37am

Do you mean I'm geekyAngryLOL?

Well... I don't.... but my girlfriend might LOL

(she's very geeky too... I couldn't be with someone who wasn't Big smile)
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:42am
That's good, so that makes four of us (Micky too - he's into board games, so how geekier than that can you get?)LOL!
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by The T 666 The T 666 wrote:

This. My girlfriend would never be so "geeky" as to be on an internet forum and with special tags under her name to top things and make it even
"geekier" LOL

In addition to being a prog fan my girlfriend is a massive fantasy and sci-fi literature enthusiast (the book she's reading at the moment discusses J.R.R. Tolkien's times as an assistant to the Oxford English Dictionary and the experience's effects on his later work, a Christmas gift from me Tongue), so I think it's not the geekiness that turns her off LOL She's already on one Finnish prog forum, perhaps it's just enough for her to be a member of one site she visits once a year...

Edited by Pekka - 31 Mar 2010 at 11:59am
<- Click on this!
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 7:40am
Forget sub-genres, any rock music at all is usually supported more by guys. (I'm female, by the way) I actually don't get it, but women seem to have completely mainstream trend followers in FAR greater numbers than men, and there seem to be more female 'posers' within the rock community than male (though unfortunately that may be changing as far as the young guys go...) However, I can only speak for my area. Women may be known as the 'fairer sex', but blokes have got to be the ones with better taste overall.
coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 9:27am
Women don't exist. If they did, there would be few who listened to metal. And even fewer still who liked prog.
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by coorpz coorpz wrote:

Women don't exist. If they did, there would be few who listened to metal. And even fewer still who liked prog.

So, I suppose I don't exist, especially since I listen to bothOuch...
coorpz View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coorpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:16am
Take everything with a grain of salt.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by NJCat_11 NJCat_11 wrote:

Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

Definitely.

You'd be surprised

It mostly depends to what type of prog you're listening to....
- if it's Floyd, Moody Blues, symph-era Tangerine Dream or Procol Harum, there are many women liking this....
- If you're playing Univers Zero and  Uz Jme Doma, you're not likely about to make them your girlfriend.

Edited by Sean Trane - 07 Apr 2010 at 10:48am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic