MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from Windhoek

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Windhoek
    Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 4:04pm

Hi there from Windhoek, Namibia,

In 1985 I stumbled across a cassette in a record store  here in Windhoek, M�tley Cr�e �Theater of Pain,I bough it from my pocket money, and instantly became a metal fan.

For the following years I was an exclusive metal head. In the nineties I started to explore other genres and some how got mainly fixated on progressive rock, thanks to Dream Theatre�s  �When Dream and day unite�, for me still the best metal album of all times, the best Dream Theater album, and at least one of the best progressive rock albums of all time � I know not many will share this view!

Nowadays I still listen regularly to metal, mainly progressive, but I also enjoy some of the not so progressive bands, like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, M�tley Cr�e, Edguy, Helloween, Annihilator, Flotsam & Jetsam, Death Angel Sabbat, Savatage, �.

King \M/anuel
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 4:21pm
Welcome, your royal highness! LOL

There are several DT fans here, and they'll welcome you here no matter which of their albums is your favorite.  I believe there is another frequent poster who shares your opinion on "When Dream and Day Unite".  Maybe they'll step forward.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 5:03pm
Welcome to MMA. Great to have you hereSmile. I hope you enjoy the site and the forum.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 5:16pm
Welcome to the forum!
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 6:53pm
Welcome.

Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 6:56pm
I've seen you around PA a lot. Welcome to MMA!
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 4:54am
Hey and welcome fellow DT fanatic Clap
Dr Clovenhoof View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Clovenhoof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 3:59am
Hey good to see a Namibian on the forum! I lived in Namibia for almost two years in the late nineties. Mostly near Ondangwa, but I spent a lot of time in Windhoek and Swakop also. I didn't meet many metal or progheads there, Qasa Qasa was all the rage, but had some great times. I would like to go back
OShile Nawa Man!
King Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 8:11am
Ongaipi, Dr Clovenhof!
There is actually a small metal corwd persent in Namibia. We even have some bands. The two most well known ones are Arcana XXII (http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/arcana-xxii.aspx?ac=Arcana) and Submission. Both are however not active anymore. When I was still i school I used to play bass and keyboard with their guitarist Sven in probably Namibias first metal band.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:16am
Welcome to MMA! Every DT fan is another victory, so it's definitely great to have you here! Big smile Clap
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic