Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REDEMPTION: Album Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REDEMPTION: Album Update
    Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 2:08am
Nick here. Pleased to announce that the record is finished and the label has the masters. Now it's just a matter of time until release dates are set. It was a lot of work -- hope you folks like it!
CoolCoolCoolCool
Source: FB
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 2:29pm
I'll sure like to hear a new Redemption album! I was really impressed with "Snowfall on Judgement Day", even though I gave it only two listens.

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 3:24am
September 2011 will be seen as the landmark month for Progressive Metal in future years.....and I can't wait!!!

REDEMPTION, the US progressive metal band featuring in its ranks guitarist/songwriter Nick van Dyk and legendary Fates Warning vocalist Ray Alder, proudly announces that their newest, 5th studio album release and follow-up to the highly successful �Snowfall On Judgment Day� in 2009, will be entitled �This Mortal Coil� and is to be released on September 26th, 2011 in Europe and October 11th, 2011 in North America via InsideOutMusic.

REDEMPTION recorded and mixed �This Mortal Coil� with legendary producer Neil Kernon (Queensryche, Nevermore, Kansas, etc.). The album's artwork, which makes its first appearance with this press release, was created by acclaimed artist and longtime band collaborator Travis Smith (Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold, Nevermore, etc).

REDEMPTION�s Nick van Dyk checked in commenting on the album as follows: �I'm extremely pleased to announce that work on �This Mortal Coil� has been completed. It was a pleasure to work with Neil Kernon during the production, although I dare say we had more challenges and curve-balls in this process than either of us is accustomed to. Nonetheless we overcame everything in our path, from internet failures to lightning strikes, and since one of the themes of this CD is essentially overcoming adversity, the production process served as a bit of a metaphor for the whole concept!"

"The new CD continues our creative effort to combine heaviness with melody -- fusing those disparate elements has always been part of REDEMPTION's sound, along with an element that I have called emotional urgency, which we've maintained here. All in all, it sounds like REDEMPTION -- although importantly I think it's by far our best-sounding record, owing to the work of Neil Kernon and the mastering of Alan Douches." And Van Dyk adds regarding the artwork: "We have worked once again with the incredibly talented Travis Smith on our art; we work very well together and he has a proven knack for bringing my concepts to life visually."

Most recently, REDEMPTION have announced a string of European concerts to support the release of �This Mortal Coil� in early October 2011, including a headlining slot at this year's edition of the �ProgPower Europe� festival.

The complete list of confirmed shows is as follows:

REDEMPTION Live in Europe 2011:
1. Oct - London, UK, The Underworld
2. Oct - Baarlo, The Netherlands, Progpower Europe
4. Oct - Pratteln, Switzerland, Galery Music Bar/Z-7
5. Oct - Fontaneto D�Agogna / Novara, Italy, Phenomenon Club
7. Oct - Essen, Germany, Turock
8. Oct - Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark Rock Festival

Direct support act on these shows will come from the Italian proggers KINGCROW.

Please check REDEMPTION�s websites for updates on shows, price, ticket sale links, etc. More details and info on �This Mortal Coil� will also be available in the coming weeks�

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 3:40am
Hmm...I see they will play Copenhagen. Interesting.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 3:11am

Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 3:11am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic