Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nevermore - Some more info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nevermore - Some more info
    Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 2:17am
It's well known I am a HUGE fan of Nevermore and was more than disappointed with their most recent album, then split.

Mostly rumors, this may help shed a bit more light
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160511

Sounds like what most of us figured, internal strife...though apparently drinking seems to have really been getting on Dane's nerves.
I'm a little shocked to see he was not too happy with the latest album since it was mainly his doing.
It was "More of the same" he feels? Guess he didn't muck it up enough for his liking LOL

Well, sad to see one of my favorite bands have such issues, though its new for them. Also a little sad to see he WILL continue Nevermore. I was hoping both sides would go on to make new projects and let Nevermore R.I.P. but it appears not  Cry

Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 3:10am
I wouldn�t have guessed it was alcohol related issues that fucked the band upShocked, but I guess it�s a pest anywhere.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 3:23am
That was quite odd, sounds like something that was pissing Dane off. I guess being on tour and not being able to sleep thanks to drunken antics would get annoying, but I have to think that was just part of it.
Sounds like general internal strife...also fueled by the new direction of the band.

Also crazy that despite being more Dane's doing he was also displeased it! I still can't figure it out except I guess he wanted to go even farther than it ended up.

Our hope of Nevermore just fading away seems unlikely...so time to pray that Dane and new Co. won't fuck it up too bad! Ermm
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic