MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's talk crap.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 6:27pm
No!  I don't want to remember anymore!  Cry
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 6:36pm
LOL
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 6:58pm
Emmure - Speaker of the Dead.  

I can't even make a joke about it; it's honestly that bad.  Typing about it is literally giving me a gag reflex.  That was the last time I ever listened to a certain friend about music taste.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 8:25pm
We need to cleanse our minds of this shit.

I like to stare at Liam's sig....that fish holding, dancing otter is so damn hypnotic
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 8:41pm
My lowest rating on the site is one I accidentally rated, "Twilight Dementia" by Dragonforce, which I haven't heard. So I can't really talk crap about it.

However, my lowest rated albums are Black Clouds & Silver Linings by Dream Theater and Blooddrunk by Children of Bodom. They are both atrociously boring albums for me. I have fallen asleep plenty of times trying to listen to Black Clouds. As for Bodom, one of my friends was really into them and I checked them out by borrowing their latest CD from him. Now I know that they have some fairly good stuff in their early years, but Blooddrunk has absolutely the most standard generic riffs amongst a myriad of stupid synth effects.

I haven't purposefully given a .5 rating to something before. I guess I haven't come across something I find completely unlistenable yet.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 1:06am
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

I haven't purposefully given a .5 rating to something before. I guess I haven't come across something I find completely unlistenable yet.

Have you heard Speaker of the Dead?  Honestly unlistenable. Dead
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 1:09am
I haven't given too many poor ratings (2 or lower).  Thus far I gave DT's Systematic Chaos and Megadeth Youthanasia 2 stars, and The Black Album 1.5.   There are songs from those I like, but on a whole I'm disappointed with them and very rarely do I want to listen to them.  I'd reserve 0.5 or 1 if I couldn't stomach an album at all.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 3:15am
The thing about Spermswamp is that it could have been incredibly funny, but it just fails miserably.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 4:38am

Play 'n the Game by Nazareth. 1 star and that's being very kind.LOL

Edited by cannon - 09 Jul 2011 at 10:32am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

The thing about Spermswamp is that it could have been incredibly funny, but it just fails miserably.

Yes, exactly

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 1:51pm
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/run-the-streets--review.aspx?id=245270

I'd sooner listen to Britney Spears than this atrocious album.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 4:30pm
And St. Anger, the worst piece of sh*t ever made by a metal band?
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

And St. Anger, the worst piece of sh*t ever made by a metal band?

Well, I will respectfully, and strongly, disagree but I am in the large minority LOL

I guess the band was so big the hatred is magnified. It gets SO much hate and amazingly low ratings...there is much worse shit out there!

At least the latest Morbid Angel may take its mantle! Big smile

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 9:39am
I like "St. Anger", too. "Load" and "Reload" are worse , I think.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I like "St. Anger", too. "Load" and "Reload" are worse , I think.

Well, I hate St. Anger not only by your horrible music, but I remember before their release the expectation was high. Everyone expected a honest album, not a commercial attempt to sound "modern" (yes, nu metal). And the lack of solos, the rap vocals... that disgusting drum sound...
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 12:20pm
The only thing I don't get about the ripping of St Anger is the complaining of the lack of solos.  Don't people rip on Hammett when he does solo? 
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

The only thing I don't get about the ripping of St Anger is the complaining of the lack of solos.  Don't people rip on Hammett when he does solo? 

Yes, I absolutely believe no solos in Metallica is a bonus LOL

Even as far back as Kill 'Em All, if you compare Hammett's solos to what Mustaine used to play, he just took the first 4 bars of Mustaine's solos and then went somewhere much simpler/easier to play/more boring after.  He's really nowhere near as good as the credit he gets (among 12 year olds on youtube Tongue)
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 4:24pm
The Kirk Hammet solos only sucks on Black Album.

And Load.

And Reload.

And "I Disappear" (MIssion Impossible 2 soundtrack)!

Edited by Tupan - 10 Jul 2011 at 4:25pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

The Kirk Hammet solos only sucks on Black Album.

And Load.

And Reload.

And "I Disappear" (MIssion Impossible 2 soundtrack)!

I agree with that.  He's definitely not a highly advanced guitarist in most regards, but his solos are for the most part on RTL, MOP, and AJFA, very memorable.  I'd personally rather have that over successive sweeps that sound like a video game or what sounds like someone practicing to a high BPM metronome.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 8:25pm
Anyone think that the lyrics are the best part of St. Anger?  http://rateyourmusic.com/list/IronMaidnPinkFloyd/horrible_st__anger_lyrics
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic