MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need helpt with this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need helpt with this
    Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 2:25pm
 i really would have hoped that Norway had a normal non-black metal band that were as fresh as Opeth is for Sweden and Amorphis is for Finland, (I was on a Enslaved concert last week and the music is good, but it is still got that BM sound, and I would really like to hear a metal band that is nether copying the American metal core scene nor revamping the Black Metal sound but are daring enough to play eclectic and mysterious metal (it can have the folk elements of the more folkish side of BM, but not  only restrict to that. a band that make music from Norse mythology but are not pure black or 70% black or such. but show eclecticism like Amorphis, Opeth and Mastodon, Isis, and other bands with layers and free minds)

is there a non black metal influenced nor metalcore influenced bands from Norway that are similar to Opeths eclectisisme, or eclectic metal in general from Norway.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 2:41pm
Green Carnation, maybe?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 2:55pm
Yeah that�s a pretty good suggestion: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/green-carnation.aspx?ac=green
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 3:04pm
thanks (takk) i will check them out (jeg skal sjekke dem ut), I have heard of them though in some occation but I can't remember listening to them.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 3:45pm
I've personally never listened to them, I just did a search of the top albums from Norway here and picked something that isn't black metal LOL
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:40pm
Light of Day, Day of Darkness is good.  Only thing I heard from them, but not bad at all.
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 11:53pm
Maybe Virus?

Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 1:40am
You may want to check out Ihsahn's solo stuff. It's Ihsahn's vocals, but that's pretty much the only black influence you get, and the rest is pretty much dark, heavy progressive metal. One track (Unhealer) even features Akerfeldt!
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 2:11am
Originally posted by Murphy Murphy wrote:

Maybe Virus?

Virus are bleak, bleak and bleak. I love their sound. Especially the second album.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 4:26am
^ i liked that very much and bleak....yes!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image