MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clear/delete a rating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clear/delete a rating
    Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 9:56am
I was about to edit the entry of a Corrupted album (http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/corrupted--nadie.aspx), and I accidentally gave it a rating instead of clicking on the album cover to view the album page.  I've never heard the album, so I was wondering if the option exists to un-rate an album (I can't find one) or if this option will be given in the near future.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 10:01am
For now it�s only Phil and Max who are able to undo ratings. I�ve asked Phil to do it once. About the future you�ll have to ask Phil/Max.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 1:27pm
I deleted the rating. It's a feature that should come one day but for now, it is not a priority. I'm now working on preventing those Generic error pages to appear! Wacko
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by graphix graphix wrote:

I deleted the rating. It's a feature that should come one day but for now, it is not a priority. I'm now working on preventing those Generic error pages to appear! Wacko

Thanks. Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 9:51am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

For now it�s only Phil and Max who are able to undo ratings. I�ve asked Phil to do it once. About the future you�ll have to ask Phil/Max.

Really? I've always been able to delete my own ratings. I just go to the album page, go down to where it says "You already reviewed this album, see your review", follow the link to a blank review page, and use the delete review option under the Member Zone options.

Edited by adg211288 - 16 Jun 2011 at 9:54am
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 9:47am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Really? I've always been able to delete my own ratings. I just go to the album page, go down to where it says "You already reviewed this album, see your review", follow the link to a blank review page, and use the delete review option under the Member Zone options.

Thanks.  I never noticed that before. Big smile
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 3:21am
Strange, I don't have that option. I only have "My Profile" or "Edit Review". I've done the same thing, I'm afraid, in accidentally giving a star rating to Dragonforce's "Twilight Dementia" where I've never heard it. Wacko
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 4:15am
It�s probably only an option available to 5 star Collabs. I�ll ask Phil if he can delete your rating.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 1:28am
It's not a big deal if you want one inaccurate rating on the site. Unless one of you is REALLY into Dragonforce and takes offense. Tongue
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 2:09am
I actually kind of like them Embarrassed
IMPF View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 7:02pm

Edited by IMPF - 13 Feb 2019 at 5:55pm
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 1:43am
you could just listen to the album Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic