MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Answer the MMA'ers question above you..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 8:31am
Free, unrestricted trade is always a good thing, but I doubt it would be sufficient to stop immigration. The best way to stop immigration is to become a country no one would want to live in!

What's your favorite woodwind?
Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves.
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 6:55pm
Either the flute or tenor sax... can't decide.

Who is the greatest musician in all of history?
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 7:27pm
Django Reinhardt

which is better in theory... communism.. or capitalism..

and a bonus question... which has been worse in practice.. communism or capitalism..

Edited by micky - 16 Apr 2010 at 7:28pm
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 8:05pm
Communism is both better in theory and worse in practice than capitalism.  I have a friend who is Marxist, and that's all he ever talks about.

A slogan from The Party in 1984 goes "Freedom is Slavery"; how is this true?

Edited by NJCat_11 - 16 Apr 2010 at 8:05pm
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 4:29pm
very true.... freedom is an illusion...people are stupid enough to put the shackles on themselves rather than have someone slap them on.    How free are we truly...  our government showed us after 9-11 just how flexible our 'god-given' rights can be it is expedient.   Think you are free to speak your mind... think again... they could be listening.. with no warrent.. and where might your 'free speech' get you... a visit by a government official.. and a file with your name on it at Ft. Meade.

on a lighter note....

chunky peanut butter or creamy
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 4:53pm
Creamy... can't stand chunky.

By the way Micky, the quote I cited refers to how people are slaves to maintaining their freedom as opposed to having no freedom to maintain, but you make a valid point all your own.

Strawberry or Grape jelly?

micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 4:57pm
yeah... I do love to uncork a good rant every once in a while...

grape jelly...

most criminally mismanaged sport in America..LOL

baseball or hockey...
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 5:03pm
Baseball, far and away.

But even if the Yankees and Red Sox have multi-hundred million dollar payrolls, the Colorado Rockies can crush them anyway, any day.  Also, go Avalanche!  They're up 2-1 in the series against San Jose.

Worst club in all of sports?
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 5:12pm
they were just talking about that the other day on Mike and Mike...

coin flip between the Knicks and Pirates... for sheer suckiness.. but worst.. that is easy... going with the Knicks since they actually failed and BADLY..  when spending Yankee kind of money.  Imagine the Yankees having the record and recent history of the Knicks....

does Colorado upset San Jose?....  how many times can that goalie steal games like that.. and how many times can Colorado 'score' the most flukish of goals to win games LOLLOL
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 5:18pm
Craig Anderson has been phenomenal all season... so yes to the goalie part.
We definitely need better offense, because fluke goals like that don't happen very often.
Avs had 17 shots in that game, which is exactly one third that of the Sharks. Stern Smile
We should have won game two and lost game three, but it evens out.
The upset is in motion for sure.

Favorite to win the Stanley Cup?
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 5:25pm
ask me in 4 hours LOL  The Caps for now...   if they play better defense... they are prohibitive favorites since no one will stop them from getting 3 or 4 goals consistently.. if not.. they still can win.. so yeah... the Caps..

last one for me ..time to get ready for dinner...

what to have with dinner...

a cold Newcastle... or . hot tea?
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 5:30pm
I don't drink, so I'm inclined to say hot tea. LOL

Pistachios or Peanuts?
thellama73 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 9:23pm
Peanuts. I hate Pistachios.

Star Wars or Star Trek?
Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves.
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 9:35pm
I'm not a Trekkie (sorry)
Star Wars for me

The most corrupt politician you can think of?

Edited by NJCat_11 - 21 Apr 2010 at 12:06am
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:03pm
oh that's easy...  Silvio Burlusconi LOL

does anyone have any doubts that the world is going to end in 2012..   how many more hints does one need hahah. 
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 6:41pm
No, I doubt such pessimists as those who are obsessed with the end of the world. We will all be fine in 2012, I'm sure of that.

So, to touch upon an argument of Plato's...are acts of good innately right and good in themselves or are acts of good only right and good because we are told it is so? Geek  (try answering that juicy slice of philosophical musings! haha!)
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 7:21pm
Acts of good are based entirely on perspective, so they are in fact only right and good because we are told so by our peers.

Favorite Greek myth and / or deity?

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 4:03pm
Favourite Greek deity, it's got to be Zeus 'cause he's pretty METAL for a pagan god, mind you, Bacchus rocks too.
How about your favourite Norse saga or deity?
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 5:53pm
I don't know a whole lot about Norse mythology, but I am familiar with the Ragnar�k, which is pretty epic.
As for deities, Thor would be my favorite since thunder is the most obvious symbol of power I can think of.

If I were to draw a picture of Muhammad and post it here, would it be censored?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 3:50pm
Possibly. If the admin team felt it may cause offense then yes.
Do you have a favourite planet in our solar system? (besides Earth, that is...)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic