Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Answer the MMA'ers question above you..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:37pm
Classical! And I'll DEFINITELY be there! (though I can tell you we'll have far less members CryLOL)

No question then... A new lounge is coming... 

Edited by The T 666 - 01 Apr 2010 at 9:42pm
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:44pm
It's over ? Cry
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:47pm
No, my mistake. I'm just confused here trying to move one thing.. EmbarrassedLOL

Is MMA going to become more popular than PA? 
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:49pm
It depends on the work quality of the newly selected collaborators and  admins.

Should I contact (massive mailing) old PA (metal reviewer) members (that did not visit PA lately) to come and visit MMA now or later ?
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:51pm
Yes, definitely. Thumbs Up

Shouldn't someone else besides M@x and I take part on this thread? LOL 
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:57pm
No it's funnier this way 

Is this the coolest "smiley" you've ever seen Rawks?
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:09pm
No, this one: 

Is it? Tongue
thellama73 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:11pm
It is funnier, but I still want to participate.

How are you planning on handling albums in Classical Archives (which I am very excited about) since composers don't have albums per se? It seems like listing every recording of Beethoven's 9th (e.g.) would be an insurmountable task.
Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves.
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:14pm
Mmmm.... Point. We have to review albums, that's all. (I have a blog about the subject.. just reviews of recordings, of versions of classical works). But we can include composers as the database. And albums of music composed by them by many different artists, orchestras and conductors. 

Where did you take your avatar from? 
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:18pm
It's a British WW1 recruitment poster with some words photoshopped out. I found it a long time ago on google image search while looking for an appropriate icon for a poster advertising my moustache club.

Would you like to join my moustache club?
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:25pm
I have one, but deficient. 

I'm going to sleep now so my question is, should I wake up early since tomorrow I don't work? 

(I guess I know the answer to that one... LOL)
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:28pm
Yes, yo work on MMA !

I am going to bed too, should I wake up early or not ? Cool
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:33pm

By all means, you can sleep in Max.

Why is llama spelled with a double "L"
Should it be pronounced "yama"?
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:53pm
1. Because.
2. No. We speak English in this country, sir. Tongue

Don't you think Shakespeare is overrated?
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:00pm
I admire your stout love for the English language.  Wink
As for Shakespeare, none other have mastered the beauty of tragedy quite like he (or the many he may be).

Do you ever try speaking in iambic pentameter in real life?
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:01pm
Max, Classical Archives would be an insurmountable task. You can try to add every Beethoven recording if you want to, but I'm not going to help...I would love to participate in jazz because there aren't many places to discuss avant-garde jazz around the internet, but classical is everywhere.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by NJCat_11 NJCat_11 wrote:

I admire your stout love for the English language.  Wink
As for Shakespeare, none other have mastered the beauty of tragedy quite like he (or the many he may be).

Do you ever try speaking in iambic pentameter in real life?

No, but I did write an epic philosophical/religious text that I am in the process of converting into blank verse.

Regarding tragedy, have you read any Victor Hugo? He is my favorite author and his tragedies are exquisitely heartbreaking.
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:23pm
I have not, although I do know of him.

If I were to read one of his works, which would you recommend?
Do the French-English translations do the poetry justice?
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Max, Classical Archives would be an insurmountable task. You can try to add every Beethoven recording if you want to, but I'm not going to help...I would love to participate in jazz because there aren't many places to discuss avant-garde jazz around the internet, but classical is everywhere.
I have around 400 discs of classical music, but that's not even 1 % of what is out there. That's why such a website should feature the composers and peopleshould be free to add and review albums of recordings of different works. It's the only way I thnk it could work.

Am I addicted to the internet or is the Iphone truly the worst thing ever to happen to late-night sleepers?
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:51pm
You're just addicted to the internet.  That's why you're part of a metal forum: love of metal and the internet.
Instead of having people review every rendering of every composer, couldn't people just review the works themselves?  Like, a review of Mozart's Requiem Mass (in general).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic