MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Stone Cherry Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Stone Cherry Interview
    Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:02pm
hi guys,
been a while since the last post.  Here is an interview we did with Ben Wells from Black Stone Cherry.  The whole interview is below, and here is the link in case: http://www.loudtrax.com/blog/post/Black-Stone-Cherry-New-Album-Interview.aspx

hope you dig....wasn't the longest interview i must say, most of it was chit chat and got chopped off!
Antonio // LoudTrax.com

Black Stone Cherry New Album & Interview

by AM 1. June 2011 00:46

RoadrunnerRecords unleashed the new album today by Southern Rockers, BlackStoneCherryLoudTrax.com had a chance to chat with guitarist Ben Wells who is gearing up for the bands' upcoming tour that hits Germany, UK, and Austria in June 2011.

The first single from the new album "White Trash Millionaire" is enjoying success on radio and it's video features some classic cars from the heyday of the American automobile industry. States Ben, "I love classic cars! I actually own a 1957 Chevy Bel Air. I've always had a passion and interest in classic cars!"

With the first single off to a monster start, and the album receiving a great deal of industry hype, the band has high hopes for the record. "Our expectation level is always high for ourselves! We always set the bar high and that's what keeps us goin! We hope to play as Many great shows as we can!", says Ben.  The lyrical content of Black Stone Cherry normally contains a compelling story. Ben says "We just want to make all aspects of our songs interesting! From music and lyrics to melodies and everything! It makes it interesting!". He continues be siting some of the bands that he most enjoyed from a lyrical point of view. "Plenty of groups like Led Zeppelin, CCR, and lots of country and folk music had some great lyrics! It's always fun to have fun with your music"

Ben and co. are bringing their southern rock sound over the pod playing 2 dates in Germany, followed by 6 in the UK and ending off in Austria. "The southern rock vibe is what has made us interesting over there! They love it and really embrace it! People seem to latch on to our personalities and music"

LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic