MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Before you post, look here! Known Bugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before you post, look here! Known Bugs
    Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 8:11am
Please take a look at the bugs listed below, maybe the bug you found is already listed here. In that case, do NOT open another topic on it.

Known issues:
-Adding mp3's
-Deleting bands/albums
-Albums don't show on artists pages.
-The automatic update from MusicBrainz.
-Some white screens.

Report bugs in a post in this thread, when a Admin has seen it, he/she will delete your post and add it to out list, to keep it a clean thread that won't be to long. ;)

Edited by Metalbaswee - 30 Mar 2010 at 11:14am

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 9:22am
I�ll write a few here I�m not sure are being taken care of:

1. The album info and the link to artist websites don�t show on the artist page after being added.

2. An explanation if M@X or Phil know if the automatic updates from MusicBrainz will delete our work and reinstate the original album info ( horror...oh the horrorLOL).

3. If you add other releases they don�t show on the artist page.

Edited by UMUR - 30 Mar 2010 at 9:28am
Sleepwalker View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 9:26am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I�ll write a few here I�m not sure are being taken care of:

The album info and the link to artist websites don�t show on the artist page after being added.

An explanation if M@X or Phil know if the automatic updates from MusicBrainz will delete our work and reinstate the original album info ( horror...oh the horrorLOL).

The link to the website appears in the artist index left to the bio. 
I didn't notice it as well but started a thread about it earlier today. 
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 10:21am
What is the maximum number of videos that can be added?

I can only post 5 per band at a time, is this correct?
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 10:51am
You can post as many videos as you want for an artist. Only the latest 5 is shown in the artist's page. I will add a More videos link soon where the list of all videos of an artist will be displayed.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 11:05am
Do we have an answer yet to the questions on album deletion posed here:

I have an album I also need to delete but won't if it will be automatically added again by MusicBrainz

Edit: I can't see how to delete the album either! Wink

Edited by Colt - 30 Mar 2010 at 11:06am
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:41pm
I am going to give you that function today (DELETE ALBUM) Smile

For the MusicBrainz import, don't worry, we are planning with m@x a working method for you. There won't be any automatic "re-addition" of the albums you deleted.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:43pm
And hopefully no overwrite of added info eitherBig smile.
Metalbaswee View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:45pm

And hopefully no overwrite of added info eitherBig smile.

Lets hope it!

graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:49pm
Neither overwrite your additions, deletions and modifications ... tools will be there to help you, not to to put a spoke in you wheels Tongue
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:53am
There are two album entries of the Mental Funaral album on the Autopsy page: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/autopsy.aspx

Now I�m trying to delete one of them, but dare not because I�m let to the 2003 version which has a review ( I don�t want to delete that review by error) no matter which version I chose. It seems like the two entries are connected somehow. Bug?
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 7:46am
Which version do you want to delete, 1991 or 2003? I'll take care of it and move the review at the right place.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 8:12am
Well they both have the same info ( might have different cover pics but I�ll change that later anyways) and the album was originally released in 1991 so I�d say you should delete the one from 2003.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:11am
Done.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:59am
Thumbs Up
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 3:29pm
I've noticed a few problems last night when trying to add some official website links to existing bands.  I know with 100% certainty that I entered the correct addresses in the forms, but ocassionally, the link that appears in the "Official Website" is something like www.metalmusicarchives.com/www.(band'saddress).

For example, I saw this occur when updating U.D.O : http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/udo.aspx

It doesn't happen all the time though.  I think a similar bug existed in PA if I remember correctly.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 3:58pm

There are two album entries of the Mental Funaral album on the Autopsy page: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/autopsy.aspx

Now I�m trying to delete one of them, but dare not because I�m let to the 2003 version which has a review ( I don�t want to delete that review by error) no matter which version I chose. It seems like the two entries are connected somehow. Bug?

I have a similar problem ( just without the review part) with the two Hinderes albums on this page: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/daath.aspx I would like the 2006 one to be deleted but they seem connected, so I don�t dare delete the 2006 one.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 10:16pm
Both Stooge and UMUR bugs fixed.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 2:24am
According to musicbrainz this artist: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/absorbed.aspx?ac=abs have an album, but it doesn�t seem to upload. I�ve added the EP manually, but it�s been two days now and the album still hasn�t appeared. Bug?
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:02pm
According to MusicBrainz (http://musicbrainz.org/artist/2818675b-bfdd-45e2-a0b3-44daf21d2323.html), the only album is listed under Uncategorized releases. These albums are not imported with our script.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic