MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Underappreciated Iced Earth Album?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which is underappreciated?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [75.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Underappreciated Iced Earth Album?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 12:27am
Part of a series of polls I am running: based on actual data, for acts with at least a dozen studio albums. Which of the five lowest rated (data from RYM, since they have a greater rating base) do you find underappreciated, if any?

Albums are listed from the lowest rated up (RYM rating in brackets).

For Iced Earth I elected to excluded 'A Narrative Soundscape' from the Poll as I don't think that should really count as a main studio album, although the cover album Tribute to the Gods was fair game. 

I'm giving my own vote to The Glorious Burden. While by RYM standards the rating of 3.1/5 isn't unrespectable, I consider this one to be among the band's best. They got a lot of negativity for the vocalist change but I think Tim Owens fit better in Iced Earth than he ever did in Judas Priest. Framing Armageddon is pretty good too - much better than the second part of that album duo which I think is rightly ranked last. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 3:48am
Have half a dozen Iced Earth albums but not the ones above 😕 I’ve probably heard those but would be unfair to pass judgement. No votes from me.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 4:58am
The Glorious Burden is the album I discovered them through, and is a great concept Declaration Day probably remains my favourite Iced Earth song still.

Tribute to the Gods isn't bad for a covers album either.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 7:24am
Like Chris I have quite a few IE albums but there's too many gaps in my knowledge to pass judgement. I do have 2 of the above though, Plagues of Babylon and The Glorious Burden and rate them both 4 stars. 

Edited by Nightfly - 09 Sep 2023 at 7:27am
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 6:17pm
Plagues of Babylon for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic