Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Youtube Channel - Cocoon Master Brendan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Youtube Channel - Cocoon Master Brendan
    Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 12:18pm
Hey everyone! I know I don't post on the forums much anymore, but I wanted to plug a new channel I've been working on. Most of my content focuses on music reviews, commentary, etc. Check it out if you'd like Smile

And here's my most recent video, about the future of Symphony X's music:

Edited by Necrotica - 15 Jul 2023 at 12:19pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 2:00pm
Nice Brendan. Lots of interesting observations. I´ve actually started going through Symphony X discography about a year back and rewriting all my reviews, and I´m currenty at The Odessey.
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 3:11pm
Thank you! How's the Symphony X revisit been so far? I've been a fan of them since I was a kid, but I find that I love them even more these days 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 5:21pm
Subscribed!
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 5:53pm
Thanks, I appreciate it! Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

Thank you! How's the Symphony X revisit been so far? I've been a fan of them since I was a kid, but I find that I love them even more these days 

I don´t really listen to Symphony X on a regular basis anymore, so it´s great to go back and revisit those albums. I´m just not the type of guy who is very good at finishing a project, so it´ll probably take a while for me to finish going through every release. It´s been great so far though and I´ve enjoyed listening to the early releases again and rewriting my reviews.

...oh and I agree with you, the The Odessy was the turning point in terms of initiating their more heavy phase. I remember when the album came out and I was floored by how heavy it was. When I started listening to Symphony X, The Divine Wings...was their latest album, so I´ve witnessed their development first hand.

Edited by UMUR - 15 Jul 2023 at 10:32pm
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 11:19pm
Yeah, it's interesting to see how their sound has changed over time. Iconoclast and Underworld don't even have that much prog to be honest; they're much more akin to traditional symphonic metal, while having a very heavy, almost "macho" vibe. With that said, there are still some strong highlights from that era... I'm a big fan of Kiss of Fire and Charon when it comes to Underworld
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 12:56am
Honestly It´s been a while since I´ve listened to the last three albums (so long that I don´t remember details from them), but I´ll get to them in time.
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 12:26pm
Sounds like a plan Smile
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 9:28pm
Great job! I've had many requests over the last few years to do video reviews. It's still on my horizon but having a hard time getting it started. Mostly due to my perfectionist approach which kills too much time.

I am a Symphony X fan and very much look forward to a new album.

Hopefully they won't release a non-metal polka album :D
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 10:19pm
Thank you! And yeah, I remember us discussing that move from text reviews to video ones. It took me a while to get there - mostly due to mustering up the confidence to talk in front of the camera - but I'm glad that I finally took the plunge Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 1:15am
I think you do very well in front of a camara Brendan Clap.
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 1:12pm
Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm trying to go for a conversational tone in my videos, as if I were talking to a friend about the subject Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 2:47pm
I like the fact that you have a plan for it, and that you have analyzed what you want to do with it.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 2:59pm
I have two channels coming up. One discussing occult and esoteric subjects and another reviewing music. I've had some set backs like health issues this year so delayed big time. Looks forward to hearing your views, Brendan
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I have two channels coming up. One discussing occult and esoteric subjects and another reviewing music. I've had some set backs like health issues this year so delayed big time. Looks forward to hearing your views, Brendan

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to checking out your channels Big smile

Also, my next video is going be much more topical: a review of the new Corey Taylor single... gotta rack up those views and subs somehow LOL Plus, I've got a lot of thoughts on Corey's overexposure in modern metal, so it'll allow me to get those takes out there as well 
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 4:54pm
Haven't posted on this thread in a while, but I was super proud of my new video. I finally put out my very first video essay, with full voiceover and script Big smile

Edited by Necrotica - 16 Aug 2023 at 4:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic