MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal's Most Infamous Albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which one is the worst of the worst?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [33.33%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [33.33%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal's Most Infamous Albums
    Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 12:18am
These albums are all in the running to be the most infamous metal albums ever made. But which one is actually the worst of the worst? Do you also like any of these albums?

Albums were selected based on being made by quite famous, well respected artists on a one album per artist basis (Metallica appears twice as Lulu is counted on behalf of Lou Reed). 

Included the Black Flag album as an honorary mention as they are on MMA.

Vote Other if you think there's something worse that wasn't included, but only if it's genuinely widely hated and not by an art that is widely hated in general.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 12:04pm
It was close between Risk and St Anger, but I went with Risk because I don't think I've ever managed to sit through the whole thing in one go. Supercollider would have to be up there too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 12:10pm
It could have been either of them on the poll for Megadeth. I think Supercollider may be lower rated but I went with Risk because I felt it would be thought of as being more infamous based on the time of release. I also think Nation is perhaps a little more disliked from Sepultura than Against is, but it doesn't have the controversy of being the first album without Max. I could have used the same logic for Maiden and Priest of course, but I consider The X Factor and Jugulator to have more of a fanbase. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 2:41am
Very well played and produced, but I just struggle with The Astonishing. I'm not keen on Risk by Megadeth but would rather listen to that album than the Dream Theater one. I don't mind Virtual XI, quite like Demolition, St. Anger and a number of the others. The only one that comes close for me and that I did consider was Forbidden by Sabbath. That's a dull release for sure.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 4:06pm
The only Dream Theater studio album I've never bought, The Astonishing. One long snoozefest so that gets my vote.

Some of those albums are pretty good like Celtic Frost's Cold Lake which doesn't deserve it's reputation. It just suffers because of the greatness of their other albums but on it's own terms not bad at all. Likewise Priest's Demolition.

SalamiDickDeath View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalamiDickDeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 8:07pm
Unseen by The Haunted. People really don’t like it from what I have seen and heard. I think the album is awesome and The Spoken King by Cryptopsy too. Easily their best album. I love them all but that album owns.

Edited by SalamiDickDeath - 19 Aug 2023 at 8:09pm
SalamiDickDeath View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalamiDickDeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 8:11pm
Damnation and a Day by Cradle of Filth? Seems like lot of hate towards that album.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 12:16am
Originally posted by SalamiDickDeath SalamiDickDeath wrote:

Unseen by The Haunted. People really don’t like it from what I have seen and heard. I think the album is awesome and The Spoken King by Cryptopsy too. Easily their best album. I love them all but that album owns.

I think it boils down to how many core elements you can stomach. I think most The Haunted fans just want to listen to some fast and aggressive thrash with some hardcore tinged screaming on top. The same with Cryptopsy. Their fans generally just want to hear technical and brutal death metal without too many core elements.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:05pm
Cold Lake is not bad.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Cold Lake is not bad.

I agree, but Tom Warrior doesn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic