Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAVOK: Kick Off Tour With Forbidden

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAVOK: Kick Off Tour With Forbidden
    Posted: 13 May 2011 at 2:02am
HAVOK: Kick Off Tour With Forbidden

Young Denver thrash battalion, HAVOK, who recently wrapped up a tour supporting Florida death metal legends Malevolent Creation, are gearing up for two very special treks. The first is a short run of headlining dates that will commence in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 3 and run through to Amarillo, Texas on May 12. From there, the band will head home for a short break before joining Bay Area thrash legends, Forbidden, for a near month-long journey that will kick off in West Hollywood, California and level 22 North American cities before drawing to a close in Escondido, California. Also joining the tour will be Revocation and White Wizzard.

Commented vocalist/guitarist David Sanchez: "Starting May 3, we'll be heading out for a west coast run. Touring the west coast was how we got our start, so it always feels like home. It will be great to return for some head-smashing headline shows. Then in June, we'll be doing a US/Canada run, coast to coast, with Forbidden, Revocation and White Wizzard! I am so psyched to be touring with all of these great bands! Forbidden is one of my favorite thrash metal bands and I really hope to hear some songs from their first two albums. Revocation is one of my favorite bands to have come out in the last 10 years and they're all friends of ours, so I'm super pumped to get to hang out with them every night! I anticipate White Wizzard to be epic-as-fuck every night as well. I'm very excited to be a part of this tour because I feel that it will be one of the best metal packages of the 2011. Metal fans definitely won't want to miss this tour. Prepare for some massive amounts of headbanging. Looking forward to seeing you all on the road!"

HAVOK Headlining Dates:
5/03/2011 Club Vegas - Salt Lake City, UT
5/04/2011 Metalheads - Las Vegas, NV
5/07/2011 Lost On Main - Chico, CA
5/10/2011 Big Fish Pub - Tempe, AZ
5/11/2011 Juggernaut - Gallup, NM
5/12/2011 Sorority House - Amarillo, TX

HAVOK
w/ Forbidden, Revocation, White Wizzard:
6/09/2011 Whiskey A Go-Go - W. Hollywood, CA
6/11/2011 The Alley - Sparks, NV
6/12/2011 Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
6/13/2011 Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
6/14/2011 Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, BC
6/15/2011 Sapphire Nightclub - Kelowna, BC
6/16/2011 Pawn Shop - Edmonton, AB
6/17/2011 Riddell Centre - Regina, SK
6/18/2011 Royal Albert Arms - Winnipeg, MB
6/19/2011 Station - St. Paul, MN
6/20/2011 Mad Planet - Milwaukee, WI
6/21/2011 Reggie's Rock Club - Chicago, IL
6/22/2011 Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
6/23/2011 Montage Music Hall - Rochester, NY
6/24/2011 Championship Bar - Trenton, NJ
6/25/2011 Alrosa Villa - Columbus, OH
6/26/2011 Fubar - St. Louis, MO
6/27/2011 Beaumont Club - Kansas City, MO
6/29/2011 Marquis Theatre - Denver, CO
6/30/2011 Launchpad - Albuquerque, NM
7/01/2011 Clubhouse - Tempe, AZ
7/02/2011 JT's Limelight - Escondido, CA

HAVOK will be touring in support of their critically acclaimed Time Is Up full-length released via Candlelight Records late last month.The follow-up to the band's pummeling Burn debut, Time Is Up features ten tracks of meticulously crafted thrash metal anthems that have been garnering praise from critics nationwide. Terrorizer commended the band saying: "Everything great about thrash -- infectious, galloping riffs, hummable choruses, a vast array of gang vocals in 'DOA' -- is employed, with their ace in the hole being Reece Scruggs, whose sumptuously-phrased solos, balancing shred, fiery modal moves and soulful, blues bends will suck in everyone from guitar nerds to song-structure curmudgeons." About.com gave the record 4/5 rating saying: "HAVOK have the chops and the ability to prove that they have the staying power to last in this genre," while Popdose added: "This is easily the best thrash record of any type released since Toxic Holocaust dropped An Overdose of Death on us in 2008."

http://www.myspace.com/havok
http://www.facebook.com/HavokOfficial
http://www.candlelightrecordsusa.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic