MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MY DYING BRIDE: 20th-Anniversary Collection In May
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MY DYING BRIDE: 20th-Anniversary Collection In May

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY DYING BRIDE: 20th-Anniversary Collection In May
    Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:58am
MY DYING BRIDE: 20th-Anniversary Collection In May

2010 marked the 20th anniversary of U.K. doom metal legends MY DYING BRIDE. To commemorate two decades of doom and gloom from the elite British act, the band embarked upon a special project to re-work familiar melodies and themes from its extensive catalogue into long, flowing symphonic compositions, incorporating new vocals and passages from vocalist, Aaron Stainthorpe. These arrangements have been brought to life in co-operation with keyboard maestro Johnny Maudling (of BAL-SAGOTH fame), as well as a clutch of talented classical musicians, and shared vocals courtesy of professional opera singer Lucie Roche. The collection � titled "Evinta" � will be released on May 31 via Peaceville Records as a two-disc set and deluxe three-disc edition with 64-page book inspired by MY DYING BRIDE's illustrious recordings of the past two decades.

Commented the band: "'Evinta'. A project almost 15 years in the making. An idea that has sat smoldering and never really had a reason to burn alive until now. Nine albums worth of darkness recreated anew to mark 20 years of MY DYING BRIDE. Music arranged to the soundscapes of sorrows past. Finally the 20th anniversary allows us to release this music in a form it has been desperately, woefully waiting for. Enjoy the darkness."

MY DYING BRIDE has been the leading light of doom metal since the debut album, "As the Flower Withers", was released on Peaceville Records back in 1992. Influenced by acts such as CELTIC FROST and CANDLEMASS, the band's heavy atmospherics have carved a huge worldwide following over the years, as it remains a pinnacle of the genre.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic