Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DARK FUNERAL: Should Be Back At Full Force

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DARK FUNERAL: Should Be Back At Full Force
    Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:57am
DARK FUNERAL: Should Be Back At Full Force

Guitarist Lord Ahriman of Swedish black metallers DARK FUNERAL has issued the following update:

"I/we understand that many of you impatiently are waiting for us to announce the new lineup, get back on tour, write and release a new album and so forth, and rightfully so! Personally, I wish we would have been back at full force long time ago, but for obvious reasons, we don't want to make any sudden decisions here, which I'm sure you all understand!

"Obviously, we could have chosen the quick and easy way, brought in some great and talented session musicians, and just kept on touring, but because we want to build a new, much stronger and sustainable lineup, that was an option was ruled out immediately.

"Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick sign of life and let you know that things are moving along just fine. And as long as things continue to go according to our master plan, we should be back at full force before the summer. However, I'd like to point out that we haven't made any final decisions or hired anyone yet, but it shouldn't take much too long until we do."

DARK FUNERAL last year parted ways with vocalist Magnus "Masse" Broberg (a.k.a. Emperor Magus Caligula), drummer Nils Fjellstr�m and bassist B-Force.

DARK FUNERAL played its final show with Emperor Magus Caligula) on August 21, 2010 at the Summer Breeze festival in Dinkelsb�hl, Germany. "Since this was a very special performance in many ways, we not only put on our biggest pyro show ever, we also captured this gig with 10 cameras (including one crane)," said Lord Ahriman. "So you can be sure to expect a DVD release from this killer show in the near future."

Broberg announced his departure from DARK FUNERAL in July 2010, explaining that "my life has taken a new turn lately, and I am also getting married this year, whereof my priorities in life lie somewhere else." Guitarist and founding member Lord Ahriman added, "I understand when people change course and get new priorities in life. And I fully respect that. Life moves on, after all, and so will DARK FUNERAL.

"Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus", the latest album from DARK FUNERAL, was released in North America on January 26, 2010 via Regain Records. The CD, which was made available in most European countries between November 18, 2009 and November 27, 2009, was recorded at Abyss Studio in Grang�rde, Sweden with famed engineer and legendary producer Peter T�gtgren (PAIN, HYPOCRISY).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic