Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ITS METAL!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ITS METAL!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!
    Posted: 03 May 2011 at 12:07am
Okay,

Bare with me on this (not even sure where to put this Topic).
I wanted to do this for awhile so here it goes . . .

But basically the idea was, if you see, find, bought anything that has "Metal" in it, that wasnt exactly a
Metal Band, Performance, Audio, you could put it here, no matter how corny, cheesy, subtle, funny
... still dont get it?
Okay-how about this as an example:

A Shirt Company called "Threadless" had this (dare I say as a Metalhead) cute little cartoon on a
T, but actually I saw it over the weekend on a Thermos Bottle, so these guys have been working with
Dell Computers, Thermos, and possibly more, to put up various graphics from various Artists from
around the world.
On a label stuck on the Thermos Bottle, the Artist said:
Metal Fan

Ole Ivar Rudi, Norway. Threadless member since September 2005

'I came up with this design after hanging out with a bunch of Swedish metal fans at a festival, who all looked exactly like the dude in the image.'

LOL

So maybe you get it. Any weird, cool stuff with a Metal topic (I'm trying to find singer "Norah Jones"
on a PBS show called "Tavis Smiley" where she was talking about her fans saying "Hmmm, your
music has changed but, I guess I'll get used to it' - which is nice but strange... its not like I've gone
Death Metal or something"
LOL).

I'll add more when I can remember all those other examples that seemed to have flown out of my
brain Ermm . . .

Heres the Threadless site:
http://www.threadless.com/?mkwid=sr4KcLzfE&pcrid=5875112784&kwd=threadless&mt=e&gclid=CJPXmpv_yqgCFRs5gwod3yZjsA

And Thermos:
http://www.thermos.com/threadless.aspx

I'm VERY curious what you Metal maniacs will come up with :headbang2: . . .

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 06 May 2011 at 2:52am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 12:20am
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 12:25am
UMUR!!!
Wheres the Metal??? LOL
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:28am
(From Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_(chemistry, with just a little judicious editing)

1. "Heavy metal is a member of a loosely-defined subset of elements that exhibit metallic properties. Many different definitions have been proposed. The term heavy metal has been called a "misinterpretation" due to the contradictory definitions and its lack of a "coherent scientific basis". There is an alternative term toxic metal, for which no consensus of exact definition exists either. As discussed. depending on context, heavy metal can include (lighter) elements and can exclude some of the heaviest metals. Heavy metals occur naturally in the ecosystem with large variations in concentration.

Motivations for controlling heavy metal are diverse. Some of them are dangerous to health or to the environment, some may cause corrosion, some are harmful in other ways. Some of these elements are actually necessary for humans in minute amounts while others are carcinogenic or toxic, affecting, among others, the central nervous system, the kidneys or liver, or skin, bones, or teeth.

Heavy metal pollution can arise from many sources but most commonly arises from the purification of metals. Through precipitation of their compounds, heavy metal pollutants can localize and lay dormant. Unlike organic pollutants, heavy metals do not decay and thus pose a different kind of challenge for remediation."

2. Light metals are metals of low weight. The cut off between light metals and heavy metals varies. Additional metals are often included as well. Metals heavier are usually called heavy metals. Light metals are generally less toxic than heavy metals. Other light metals are toxic in large amounts.

...I think these say pretty much the same thing as most definitions of the music that I've ever read... Clown

Edited by Certif1ed - 03 May 2011 at 2:30am
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:53am
Now THATS Metal! Tongue

Okay heres a few others:

Opeth (or "Oprah"):
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Opeth

Meshuggah:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Meshuggah

Dream Theater:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Theater

LOL

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 03 May 2011 at 2:56am

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 4:49am
You put a smile on my faceBig smileLOL
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

Now THATS Metal! Tongue

Okay heres a few others:

Opeth (or "Oprah"):
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Opeth

Meshuggah:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Meshuggah

Dream Theater:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Theater

LOL

Uncyclopedia is my favorite web source LOL

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:56am
I'm a user on Uncyclopedia and usually have to keep IPs from fucking with pages like http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Maiden

I also judged this in a contest: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Viking_Metal

Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 6:30pm
Shouldn't this be moved to Just for Fun...?
anyway:
HEAVY METAL!!!!
207.7 mwt!! Shocked

Light metal:
6.9 mwt Thumbs Down
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:18pm
What the fuck is this

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 2:57am
Here ya' go . . .

Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a guest on Conan O Brian about "Hesher" a movie that has to do with this Metal
guy that comes into the life of a boy who is having problems in his life.  Very interesting conversation about
Metallica and his love for Metal . . . then he goes NUTS Slam Dancing LOL:

(This will probably be taken down so see the other versions)

"...give us some Hard core headbanging music" -Conan

. . . ohhh Coco Tongue.

Hesher Trailer:

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 07 Mar 2012 at 11:37am

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:03am
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

What the fuck is this

!!!!LOL!!!!  Its METAL DUDE!!!

I was bummed about what they did to Opeth's Unencyclopedia as they made this totally HILARIOUS
super detailed "Logo" for "Oprah(Opeth)" that made fun of the Opeth "O".  I dont understand why they
changed it Confused.

I have to see the other bands you guys put up Big smile

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

The movement's main tenets are as follows:

1. To deafen the whole population of earth (including roadies, dogs, and the deaf)

2. To legalize murder in Norway, the country with the lowest murder rate in the world.

3. To overthrow the fashion scene by introducing all-season, barbed-wire-coated, spiked and uncomfortable faux-armour.

4. To destroy Christianity and replace Christian ideologies with fascism and barbarism. Much like the Jains.

5. To splinter into hundreds of new and increasingly obscure sub-genres every day, so as to make less money.

666. To rid the planet of all human wastes of flesh and bone, including themselves.

7. To destroy all colors and replace them with grey and black.

LOLHaaahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 06 May 2011 at 3:11am

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:09am
I�ve moved the thread to the just fun area.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:13am
Oh Umur,

I wanted to put it in the Waste of all Human Resources and dimensions of Time where Metal Heads who dont
read books go HUHHhhhhh???
section Wacko

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 06 May 2011 at 3:21am

rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:52am
IT's METAL, Run for your Lives!!!

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:07am
Yes...

^The ELP Tarkus Tank for the HEAVY (and Emerson's Hammond) Thumbs Up

How about Comedian Jim Brewer and Metal?

Or how about the news?

Clap

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 05 Jun 2011 at 5:50am

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:27pm
^the first clip is better....

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I'm a user on Uncyclopedia and usually have to keep IPs from fucking with pages like http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Maiden

I also judged this in a contest: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Viking_Metal

Those are completely HILARIOUS!!!! Not for the serious or "PC" though Embarrassed.
(But if you do take your Metal too seriously . . ."You'll be eaten by the Goat" LOL).

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 12:35pm
Ha!

Forgot about this, I posted this at the PrOgulus Forum a year or 2 ago.  And YES, it has "Metal"
in it Back to topic . . .

http://www.cracked.com/funny-2359-progressive-rock/

LOL

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 5:28am
Okay,

Completely Metal ("Darkwave Metal") Geek Clothing and gear LOL!
(For a good cause too... well, sort of):
http://store.confusinglyamusingly.com/

"Joke" is from:

Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic