MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Musicians thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Musicians thread
    Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:20pm
So, i noticed there wasnt a place here for people to hang out and talk about their bands, muiscal projects, what have you. SO HERE IT IS 

ill start by listing what i do/have done musicially, and links for people to listen 

Firstly, as many of you know, i make electronic/dubstep music, and go under the name Eldest
my links in my sig (or here)

second, is on of the bands i play with with colin and my brother called The Cozmik Orkestrah
there is our bandcamp 

lastly, is another band that i play in with colin and my brother called Hobo Trashcan Fire
the facebook has more music on it Tongue

so, yeah, post your bands/soundclouds/myspaces/bandcampsCool

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:38pm
I'm in his bands.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:03am

I started my music career ( not much of a career reallyLOL) in a hard rock/ metal band who played covers of Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC and Metallica. I was probably around 12 - 13 and had just learned the very basic concept of playing guitar. We called ourselves Bedlam. After 1� years I was fired from the band because I sucked and couldn�t play the original stuff the other guitarist had begun to compose. They went on to release a couple of demos and then split-up.

My second band was Last Abide. This was my band that I started with the lead vocalist ( who is still a very good friend of mine). I had discovered death metal for real in 1991 - 1992 and as we both were interested in the doom/ death part of the genre ( bands like Paradise Lost, Amorphis and Tiamat) that was our main source of inspiration. We played a couple of gigs and released two demos before continuing lineup troubles put an end to that band. I think it was around 1997. Here�s a link to the myspace I created a few years ago: http://www.myspace.com/lastabide
While it sounds amaturish and untight, I still think we had a lot of good ideas that could have evolved into something better had we continued. Oh and check out the bassist. The man had only played bass for six months at the time of this recording. Probably the most talented guy I ever played with. Our drummer couldn�t keep a beat if his life depended on it and he was always stoned out of his mind, but he was a good childhood friend of mine and he developed his playing a lot after leaving the band. We jammed a couple of times after he left the band, and he had some really good ideas.

The lead vocalist from Last Abide ( who stopped singing and switched to synths) and I formed out own little project after the demise of Last Abide. It�s a kind of progressive rock/ melodic synth rock project. We are just toying around trying to find time to write music between demanding jobs, children and so forth.

I seldom pick up my guitar these days. It�s like my thirst for world domination isn�t as strong as it used to be. I have a friend who like stoner/ doom metal a lot though and we are sometimes talking about jamming. I might go that way.

What has always been my main focus and interest is to write original music. Playing covers and imitating others never satisfied me.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:31am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

What has always been my main focus and interest is to write original music. Playing covers and imitating others never satisfied me.

i agreeCool

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 9:29am
I never really had a full-on band going in my life.  Well, I did sort of.  Around 4-5 years ago for a period spanning around  year and a few months, I "jammed" on a regular basis with my brother and  a good friend of mine.  The music we constructed was of a fairly technical nature with quite a few melodic sections, so most of our time was concentrated on trying to bring our chops up to speed.  I'd call it death metal, but if we'd publicly released what we recorded it would most likely be classified as deathcore by today's standards.  

I don't remember how many full songs we'd recorded (at least 2, maybe 3). We had a drummer in the project for around half the time we jammed, but we never recorded with him.  We never played a show, and we never settled on a name.  I was the bass player, my brother a guitarist and our friend was the other guitarist and layed down the vocals for our recording.  It killed his voice, so he never planned on doing it full time LOL.   I still need to get a copy of the songs we'd fully recorded.

We were all going to college at the time, and has different work schedules in the summer months.  This sort of killed our energy/enthusiasm a little, and our jam space was hot as hell.  I still had a fun time playing, and the time we spent together actually helped our friendship grow despite deciding not to pursue a path as a metal band.  
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 3:02pm
I've been in several bands over the years - all of which have remained solidly underground. I was in a groove thrash band in the 90s called Erector, and I also played in a doom metal band called Thanatalos and, following, an alt. rock band called Krypto.

Today, I play in a blackened death-thrash band called Grimmthurs and an alt/prog/goth metal band called Templevision. In addition to those two bands, I have several projects going on, including a thrash metal, a crossover, a doom metal, a melodeath, a prog metal/rock  and a classic metal project - let's see how many of these actually amount to anything. I have written songs for several of them, though - I'm very determined to produce some output, and with today's technology, it's much easier than back in the demo-tape days.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 2:42am
My solo project (link in sig) has been standing still for almost a year now as I haven't had any passion for continuing recording, even though the album is very close to being done. One of the reasons is probably that I joined my first proper band about a year ago, a proggish rock band for which I drummed for about six months. We had a pretty good thing going on and were planning on making a demo, but then our keyboard player left due to other commitments, and as we couldn't find another one for a month or two, the bassist left as well and I got bored too, so that was the end of that project. A couple of nice rehearsal recordings came out of that, and the realization that I can play drums in a band setting.

Around new years when that band folded we formed a doomish trio with a friend and his friend, so far playing mostly covers by the likes of Electric Wizard, Celtic Frost, Black Sabbath and Circle, as well as our own super slow and heavy jams. And some lighter pretty Mogwaish stuff. Jamming for fun basically, but I'm sure there's gonna be proper original material at some point. Oh, I play guitar in this project.
<- Click on this!
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:13pm
I'm a guitarist, a pretty average one at that. I mostly just jam and work out riffs or things that take my interest. I might get more serious later, but probably once I can afford more gear/recording stuff.
Steamforged View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steamforged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 2:25pm
I'm a pianist/keyboardist and I have been for the majority of my life. About 2 years ago I created the project Steamforged and (much to my dismay) it's been a solo effort. I've written about 4-5 albums worth of material but I've only released one album an a handful of demos, all of which can be heard at the link at the bottom.

I play Prog metal with mixes of neo-classical and power metal thrown in.

Anyone who is interested in collaborating , please, by all means, PM me and let's talk. Handshake

http://www.liquidaudio.org/profile.php?Artist=steamforged
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 2:41pm
Just took a peak listen and it�s obvious you have some really good ideas. Which programme do you use?
Steamforged View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steamforged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 2:54pm
FL Studio 8. All but the keys are programmed.
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 12:19pm
Well I'm learning bass and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I should learn? At the moment I know a couple of theme songs, Feel Good Inc by the Gorillaz, Zombie by the Cranberries, and i'm learning Anesthesia by Metallica. Any suggestions please!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 12:27pm
Black No. 1:

Edited by UMUR - 29 Aug 2012 at 12:27pm
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 12:30pm
love the sound of it thanks!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 6:10pm
Though it's been out for a number of years, I finally decided to buy a copy of Guitar Pro 6.  I've had a... uh... questionable Wink copy of Guitar Pro 4 for a few years, but it doesn't work reliably when I copied it to my new computer ( for example, the music notation is messy among other things).  Wanted a legit version of the software to get myself back into playing bass more regularly in my off time.  Maybe I'll get back into working on some of my compositions (which I never seem to finish), plus transcribe some riffs/songs/melodies to warm up my playing skills and ear.  My brother has quite a few songs written, and I might learn the bass to those tunes to potentially record them down the line.
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 6:20pm
Yo,

Good idea for the thread. I'm in a group called Within a Reverie, and we're working on finishing up mixing our first self-titled album (so, Within a Reverie). We're a progressive hard rock band.

You can check us out at soundcloud.com/withinareverie or withinareverie.com. For metal fans, I think you'd like the songs "Romance, Meet Real," "The Dawn of Dark Skies," "A Blind Beginning," the solo from "My Ideal World" or the tune "Fresh Eyes" (when it gets uploaded).

I've always been drawn to creating original music. I live it. I give up sleep for it. I work and have a kid, but then forego sleep for music. It has to be that way! I'll probably die when I'm 40 from lack of sleep. Sorry if that's a downer.

But my little son has shown an amazing talent for music so far, so hopefully he'll be a badass, LOL!

ROCK ON!

EDIT: oh, I play guitar and bass and sing a little.

Edited by Nick Dilley - 08 Sep 2012 at 6:21pm

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
VX View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 6:16pm
First of all, its a pleasure to meet you all! :) ive noticed here some familiar names ive seen via the net, so this may very well be rather interesting! but before anything, please forgive my English, as I do not use it as often as I should. I`m a self taught musician, vocalist, and composition artist. Ive been in many bands when I was younger, and have only began sharing my own ideas on the net in the last year. If your interested, you can check out my stuff via my soundcloud:

www.soundcloud.com/voiceex

I mostly play symphonic & old school metal, but I have also began getting into all things electric (Mainly industrial music and EBM). Anyway. Its a pleasure to be taking part in this forum, and I hope that we will all have a great time! \m/
www.soundcloud.com/voiceex
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 2:52am
The Senior High Band Camp offers a comprehensive music experience focused on developing the player in addition to developing playing techniques.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 10:28am
I'm in a post-punk trio who are yet to be named, but we play our first show on Friday. It formed from the ashes of a prog-folk-rock duo called King Stevens but while we wrote plenty of music we were never satisfied with it and only played live a total of 6 times in three years. Hopefully, this will be different.

On my own, I have been trying to finish up a group of songs that I'd like to get a band together to play, but it seems like it's going to take a while to find the right people to play it, get the right equipment, etc. I'll probably make a few demos once I finish lyrics. 

I tend to prefer writing music to playing covers as well. Unfortunately, I have a problem with trying to write too ambitiously and while I can usually finish anything I start musically, I'm not quite as adept at lyric writing, or finding people to play it. Too, I'm pretty picky and I'd feel bad about working those people hard in rehearsals without paying them handsomely (with money I don't have).  
A Calm Harpy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Calm Harpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 6:37pm
I do music which everyone should listen to because it's mine.

It's quiet, sometimes loud, sometimes symphonic, sometimes electronic. Haven't done much with it for a few months, but have been making progress the last couple of weeks. If you listened: say something about it, I'd appreciate it greatly Big smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic