Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copenhell 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copenhell 2011
    Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 11:31am
Here's the bill for the 2011 Copenhell Festival (June 17-18):

JUDAS PRIEST
KORN
KYUSS LIVES!
OPETH
MAYHEM
MORBID ANGEL
DEICIDE
GWAR
BAPTIZED IN BLOOD
DOCTOR MIDNIGHT & THE MERCY CULT
ALL THAT REMAINS
ROLO TOMASSI
KVELERTAK
THE BURNING
2 other bands (I guess there are two open slots
).

Who's going?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 12:24pm
I�d go to see MORBID ANGEL, OPETH, GWAR ( hell yaah), THE BURNING and of course JUDAS PRIEST. I�m not really that interested in the rest. There�s only one from my regular concert crew who�s going though, so I�m not sure I�m really up to it. It�ll probably be a last minute decision ( provided there�re still tickets available then).

Edited by UMUR - 26 Apr 2011 at 12:24pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 1:44pm
Whoa, that's a pretty awesome lineup! Thumbs Up I'm (obviously) not going, though.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Whoa, that's a pretty awesome lineup! Thumbs Up I'm (obviously) not going, though.

I would love to see Opeth, but I obviously can't go....

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 2:19am
I'm going - just to see Priest and Opeth, although Morbid Angel, Mayhem and Rolo Tomassi as well as DMATMC would be interesting, too. I do hope that the two last bands are going to be interesting two - I'm hoping for Artillery, Artizan or maybe Pentagram.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:37am
The two last bands are in place. It's Protest the Hero and fuckin' Anvil!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:39am
Pretty good additionsThumbs Up
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:41am
I've never heard Protest the Hero.... but Anvil, now, that's awesome!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 11:42am
Protest is progressive metalcore with a very unique sound.
Coffin Joe View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 5:24am
Anvil! Hahaha...Ok... Gotta get my hands on a ticket! That's one fightcard I wouldn't wanna miss!
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 5:10am

hmm it is closer then Wacken open air and Download, and the beer is cheep but don't think i will, I said no to Roskilde also, and that is my nr 1 forreign festival (yes sure it is more other good festivals with good line ups, like Pink Pop, Glastonburry, Hove, Sweden Rock festival and Kvinesdal RF, but Roskilide is the king of rock festivals, i am serious,

yes the toilets stink but the atmophere and attitude on Roskilde is above any other festival and after the terrible accident in 2001 it is also the most safe festival (and yes I liek safe festivals where they know what they are doing)
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 4:19pm
I'v enever been to the Roskilde Festival- I'm too old for that shit... even when I was young, I was too old for that shit.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 4:27pm
I went there in 1995. A good experience where I saw acts like Napalm Death, Konkhra, Cathedral, Entombed, Tiamat, Body Count, Testament, DAD and a lot of other artists.

I�ve given up the idea of purchasing tickets to Copenhell this year.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 4:27pm
I will never be to  old for that shit.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 4:31pm
I never liked going to festivals. I found it extremely boring to hang out with stoned and pissed drunk people. I enjoyed the music experienvces though, so one of the last times I went to a 'real' festival, I abandoned my "friends" and just went about on my own, and I actually enjoyed that. I'm going to Copenhell, but I live close by, so I'll sleep in my own bed in my own apartment, and probably go and eat in fancy restaurants while the other festival goers sleep in tents and eat canned food and dirty kebabs.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 2:33am
Ummhh...Dirty kebabsBowdown
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 2:45am
I prefer kebabs from Kababland II on Amagerbrogade ;-)
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 6:19am
the camping with drunks and stoners, are one part of the festival which i like  the other is the music, it is a hole experiance a experiance of living in absence of the outer world, you don't know what happens outside tha festival area and some times the ignorance is wonderfull, the outside world of war, politics and such is unimportan
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 5:09pm
The thing is, I'm a terribly asocial person, so hanging out with stoners and drunks does not figure on my list of good experiences - experiencing awesome bands live counts 100% to me.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 4:44am
Off to Copenhell later today... but first a shower and lunch with the missus in a restaurant. As I said, I am a luxury festival participant.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic