MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi all from Coffin Joe!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi all from Coffin Joe!
    Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 2:17pm
Hello everybody. I'm very excited to have come across this website, & I'm looking forward to expand my musical knowledge - and perhaps share some Smile

I have a very broad taste in metal - all though the scale tips towards progressive metal. I'm an avid vinyl collector & enjoy the warm and roaring sound of an record mixed at 45 rpm - put on the latest Shrinebuilder double lp & you'll know what I mean Wink

Well...what more to say? Just happy to be here..

Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 2:37pm
Hi and a big welcome to MMA!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 2:43pm
Nice to have you here. Welcome to the siteSmile
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 4:15pm
Velkommen til, mester ;-)

Or, as they say in English, welcome to the site!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 11:42pm

You two know each other?

Coffin Joe View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 12:24am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

You two know each other?

Yeah. It was him that turned my eye towards this site
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 1:02am
Welcome!

Glad to hear you have a broad taste for metal, and don't worry...almost all of us here have an affinity for prog metal.
So welcome aboard and hope you do stay and contribute!

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 26 Apr 2011 at 1:02am
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Coffin Joe Coffin Joe wrote:

You two know each other?

Yeah. It was him that turned my eye towards this site

Doing a bit of succesful promotion there KimBig smileClap. Again welcome to the site CJ.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:31pm
Welcome!!! Party

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:01pm
heisann h�per du liger dem her,

enjoy some metalz Sax man OH SORRY wrong emoticon Headbanger, I liek Mastodon and Opeth (and some more ) how about you
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 11:35pm
I'm a really big fan of both Mastodon & Opeth Headbanger
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 12:28am
Welcome again, nice to have yet another Dane Thumbs Up
<- Click on this!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:39am

Really big fan of Opeth eh?
Well you and I are going to be best of friends Beer

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 8:29am
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Really big fan of Opeth eh?
Well you and I are going to be best of friends Beer

Well, they where the primary reason I went to the DT/Prognation concert in Copenhagen Smile. So yeah.. you could say I'm a fairly big fan - also I threw a lot of money after the Candlelight years wooden vinylbox - which I absolutely wouldn't recommend! Not because of the music, but because the packaging is really poor and every record is housed in a black carboardsleeve with NO tracklisting what so ever! Ah... sorry, just had to get it off my chest Wink

I also have a bleeding heart for southern sludge - shooting guns, driving pick-ups and banging heads!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 1:53am
Ha it's OK  only do studio albums, rare for me to get any special/live things.

I was so mad I missed a chance at seeing Opeth! I hope they tour the US again sometime!

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 9:37am
< ="utf-8">
Well.. I've gotten bitten by the collector bug (mostly vinyl), but I'm trying to keep it in check
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:10am
I want to get into collecting vinyls. They are usually a little to bit far more expensive than CD's and really I have no good place to showcase them. I was thinking line my walls with em, live in a cave of vinyls but I'm not so sure about that one now. LOL

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:22am
I think I have somewhere between 400 and 500 vinyls but it�s very seldom I purchase vinyls these days. I love vinyls though, they just don�t fit with my consumer pattern and listening opportuneties at the moment.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:29am
I usually scout the web for the best offers - Usually nuclear blast, neurot records or svartrecords. Luckily more & more vinyls have a free mp3 download voucher with them, so that can justify the higher pricer. But if you want the classics, you could end up spending some serious dough Smile  I'm currently scouting for Helloween's Keeper of the seven keys part 2 which would be a nice addition. You could get lucky going through the bargain bins, since most records stores don't really appreciate metal, I have gotten some could deals on Iron maiden records (think I paid around $2 per record)
As for sound, well.. depending on your setup (mine's awefull Embarrassed) you could get killer sound with the vinyl.. but better than cd's.. I don't know - I just like the old school in vinyl, and the extra work in changing sides etc... makes you listening more (or that goes for me).. Just like grinding your own coffee (yup...I'm also into that..my coffee grinder is total old school handpowered). 

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:30am

I think I have somewhere between 400 and 500 vinyls but it�s very seldom I purchase vinyls these days. I love vinyls though, they just don�t fit with my consumer pattern and listening opportuneties at the moment.

Awesome! I'm not even close Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic