Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA Best of Year 2022 Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 12:26pm
^Copy/paste that list and post it in this thread, please: https://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17771&FID=79&PR=3&PID=259404&title=mma-best-of-year-2022-voting-thread#259404
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 10:54am
Thanks Travis, remember folks this thread is just for discussion. All lists should be posted in the voting thread where all the rules for inclusion can be seen at the top. See the link in the post from Travis above.

Edited by Nightfly - 31 Dec 2022 at 10:56am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 3:37pm
There's still 3 weeks to the deadline to add your best albums of 2022 lists to the voting thread. Please make sure you read the rules first.

https://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17771&FID=79&PR=3&title=mma-best-of-year-2022-voting-thread
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:10am
We currently don't have enough submissions (only 8) for a meaningful result in the best of 2022 voting thread. If you intend to submit one please do it soon as it's just over a week to the deadline. It takes a lot of time and effort to compile the presentation so if there's not much interest shown in the coming week or so I may extend the deadline a couple of weeks and if that doesn't make any difference it won't be worth doing it so it's unlikely I'll bother this year.

Post your lists here...

https://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17771&FID=79&PR=3&title=mma-best-of-year-2022-voting-thread
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:59am
Imploring the death metallers among us to give this a try before completing their lists...

https://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/suppression(chile)/the-sorrow-of-soul-through-flesh
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 1:04am
^ I bought it based on a friends recommendation - great album.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

We currently don't have enough submissions (only 8) for a meaningful result in the best of 2022 voting thread. If you intend to submit one please do it soon as it's just over a week to the deadline. It takes a lot of time and effort to compile the presentation so if there's not much interest shown in the coming week or so I may extend the deadline a couple of weeks and if that doesn't make any difference it won't be worth doing it so it's unlikely I'll bother this year.

Post your lists here...

That would be a shame. I'm guilty as I did pull a list together but need to still tweak it. I'll do so this week. Sorry been swamped with work and with trying to keep / get my subs up to date.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 3:14pm
No worries Chris. I know you're always late in the month with yours so was confident you'd be doing one.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 12:45am

No worries Chris. I know you're always late in the month with yours

That makes me feel terrible, Paul LOL It's true though Big smile
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 9:46am
I'll be last minute myself. Had a good half year of 2022 then i got too busy to listen to anything new. Now i'm catching up
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

No worries Chris. I know you're always late in the month with yours

That makes me feel terrible, Paul LOL It's true though Big smile

LOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 8:52am
Wow. 2022 was a great year for metal, prog and all kinds of music. This is the first year i had so many more candidates for my list than we were allowed to vote for!

My list my change a tad in the next few days but at least i finally posted it in case i don't find something new to blow me away.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 4:34pm
^Yep, 2022 was an amazing year for music in general!
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 4:43pm
I'm predicting, based on everyone's lists, that Wormrot and Blind Guardian are going to be very high on the best of '22 list. Guess we'll see!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 6:26pm
^ the new Blind Guardian is excellent. Thanks for reminding me to check out Wormrot
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ the new Blind Guardian is excellent. Thanks for reminding me to check out Wormrot

I suppose I should check out that Blind Guardian album sometime.LOL
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 6:49am
Voting deadline extended.

We've had a few more lists added but to see if we can get a few more and get a more meaningful result I'll extend the voting deadline to Friday 17th Feb.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

I'm predicting, based on everyone's lists, that Wormrot and Blind Guardian are going to be very high on the best of '22 list. Guess we'll see!

I'm seeing Voivod and Sigh in many lists too.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 4:34pm
I'm predicting something melodic and/or progressive wins, even without checking anyone's lists. It's just the nature of this site.Wink
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 9:48am
Originally posted by DalesaniXMMA69 DalesaniXMMA69 wrote:

Cult of Luna - The Long Road North
Clutch - Sunrise on Slaughter Beach
King Buffalo - Regenerator
Meshuggah - Immutable
Blut Aus Nord - Disharmonium/Undreamable Abysses
Deathspell Omega - The Long Defeat
Kayo Dot - Moss Grew on the Swords and Plowshares Alike
Korn - Requiem
Amorphis - Halo
Zeal & Ardor - Zeal & Ardor
Immolation - Acts of God
Ghost - Impera
Septic Flesh - Modern Primitive
Astronoid - Radiant Bloom
Imperial Triumphant - Spirit of Ectasy
Fallujah - Empyrian
Heilung - Drif
Behemoth - Opvs Contra Natvrem
Etrange - Énigme
Elder - Innate Passage
White Ward - False Light
Chat Pile - Gods Country

Hey man, you need to post your list here to count: https://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17771&PID=258116

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic