MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's All Meat 1970

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Proto Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voila_la_scorie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's All Meat 1970
    Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 9:40am
I just wanted to share this track with fans of old school raw and intense psychedelic rock crossed with early punk. I only recently found out about this band, It's All Meat. Their name was inspired by a dog food commercial advertising 100% beef in their product. It was not inspired by The Animals' song. They released one pretty awesome album in 1970 and a single in '69. The CD has some bonus tracks. There are some pretty cool tracks on here. They remind me of a garage / psychedelic version of the New York Dolls, Mick Jagger singing for The Stooges, or Jim Morrison's tough older brother. The best track for me is this one, Roll My Own. Incidentally, the principal songwriters in the band produced four tracks in 1968 for a garage band called The Underworld whose drummer was Gil Moore - the future drummer for Triumph.

https://youtu.be/vJ5MZUG3jPs
A story told that can't be real somehow must reflect the truth we feel.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:29pm
That's really good, Peter. Impressed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image