MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Road Rash: Jailbreak soundtrack (with interviews)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Road Rash: Jailbreak soundtrack (with interviews)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Road Rash: Jailbreak soundtrack (with interviews)
    Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 10:14am
Hey, gang!

I figure I'd share a blog post/article I put together a few months back that I briefly hinted at here on some old forum post of mine.

If you are like me and into video games, you know how important it is to have a soundtrack that works well with the game to set the right atmosphere. The guys that put the soundtrack together for Road Rash: Jailbreak (a favourite game of mine back in high school) did just that, uniting a bunch of up-and-coming artists to make a playlist that worked with the game perfectly! Much of the contributors were metal of various sorts (nu-metal, industrial, hardcore), many of which can be found on Metal Music Archives, while other ranged from punk to jazz fusion.

A number of the contributing artists graciously contributed to reflect on the songs and states of their respective bands going back 20-plus years ago, and I filled in the rest to learn as much about the bands as possible while also reflecting on each track and my overall experience with the game.

I hope you enjoy!

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 12:16pm
Great deep dive into a great soundtrack for an underrated game, been meaning to check out more from each artist that I'm not familiar with outside the game. Only bands I knew from before playing the game were Chevelle, Celldweller, and Unjust. What would you say your favorite artists from the soundtrack are?

Also, what do you think of the original PC/Playstation Road Rash? I didn't play Jailbreak until way later, but I grew up on the original and have been playing it almost my whole life. That game and its soundtrack just exude everything grunge.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Great deep dive into a great soundtrack for an underrated game, been meaning to check out more from each artist that I'm not familiar with outside the game. Only bands I knew from before playing the game were Chevelle, Celldweller, and Unjust. What would you say your favorite artists from the soundtrack are?

Also, what do you think of the original PC/Playstation Road Rash? I didn't play Jailbreak until way later, but I grew up on the original and have been playing it almost my whole life. That game and its soundtrack just exude everything grunge.

My favourite songs on there were probably Pushmonkey's "Maybe" and Blacklight Posterboys' "If The Animals Could Talk". I mostly associate them with the game, and so far I haven't heard songs by either artist that were quite like those ones.

I've never played the PC/Playstation Road Rash, so I can't comment on it. However, I spent several hours playing Road Rash II for Sega Genesis in my college days, and loved it. Like Jailbreak, had moments of frustration running into objects that appear out of thin air, but you gotta put the pedal to the metal because you can't win going the speed limit. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic