Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copenhell 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copenhell 2022
    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 1:09am
So Copenhell 2022 is getting very near, and I´m working on various lists...food check, sleeping bag check....loads of booze check check. Obvioulsy the 2020 and the 2021 festivals were cancelled because of COVID, so it´s been a long time coming and I´m thrilled to be going again.

They´ve added an extra day this year, to make it a four day festival, and the programme is pretty extensive: https://www.copenhell.dk/program#/artists/headliners

They´ve brought in some pretty heavy players in Metallica, Kiss, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden, but other than the obvious headliners, there are actually quite a few interesting artists on the festival this year:

I´ll definitely go see:

Down
Devin Townsend
Death to All
Benediction
Emperor
Baest
Opeth
Mercyful Fate
Mastodon
Sacred Reich
Soen
Gatecreeper
Blood Incantation
Red Fang
Suicidal Tendencies
Vola

...and maybe a few others if time allows.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 3:33pm
Some great bands on there. Plenty I'd like to see myself.
nikhilrohatgi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikhilrohatgi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 1:28am
ANYONE HAS TICKETS FOR RESALE! HELP A BROTHER OUT :( The last ticket on ticketswap just got sold since yesterday. I was unsure whether ill get a visa, so I didnt buy it till now. Now iv got the visa but its too late.
nikhilrohatgi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikhilrohatgi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 1:50am
also, if you had to miss one day out of four, which would you miss? Im thinking the first day, as the lineup doesnt seem all that great other than Metallica. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:21am
Sadly Sacred Reich have cancelled Cry. I´ll see them in October with Sepultura and Crowbar though, so not all is lost.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:23am
Originally posted by nikhilrohatgi nikhilrohatgi wrote:

also, if you had to miss one day out of four, which would you miss? Im thinking the first day, as the lineup doesnt seem all that great other than Metallica. 

All festival days are a bit up and down in terms of what I´d like to see, but I wouldn´t miss a day. If there are hours on the day, where there´s nothing I´d like to see, I just retreat to the camping area and drink more cheap beers LOL.

...no problemo...

Edited by UMUR - 12 Jun 2022 at 3:23am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 6:16am
...so I ended up looking a bit too deep in the bottle on this year´s festival, which meant I missed a couple of planned concerts...oh well at least I followed my instinct and did exactly what I wanted at that time: I ended up watching:

Wednesday June 15th:
Suicidal Tendencies
Vola
Ugly Kid Joe
Some of Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Someone says I watched the Red Fang concert, but I don´t remember.
Metallica
Soen

Thursday June 16th:
Korn
Opeth (I more heard them than watched them as I met someone and had some drinks and talks instead.
Judas Priest (not much but I did see Rob and Richie on the big screens and I seem to remember I heard a song from the debut.
5 minutes of Destruction
Down
The last 30 seconds of Kiss
Devin Townsend
...yeah it was an unbelievably drunk day, with only very few artists where I watched full concerts. Devin was definitely one of the highlights of the festival for me.

Friday 17th of June:
Alestorm
Agnostic Front
Siamese (only with a half ear while waiting for Baest to go on)
Baest
Emperor (I had to leave mid-set, as things got really complicated at this point, as my tent buddy almost got arrested, and his wristband was cut by security. I spend the rest of the night drinking heavily in the camping area trying to figure out how to restore his wristband, so he could enter the festival area on Saturday.

Saturday 18th June (fortunately we´re quite ressorceful even when drunk, so we made up a plan to deny, deny, deny, and lie, lie, lie, which in a mysterious way restored by friend´s festival wristband):
Soren Andersen
Artillery
The Hellacopters
Benediction
Mastodon
Death To all
Iron Maiden
Mercyful Fate

Highlights to me were:
Suicidal Tendencies
Ugly Kid Joe
Metallica
Soen
Down
Devin Townsend
Agnostic Front
Soren Andersen
Death To all
Mercyful Fate

Maiden were alright, but I expected more. I think it was a good standard quality performance from them, and definitely not one of the highlights of the festival for me.

Edited by UMUR - 19 Jun 2022 at 7:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic