MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLingua Ignota (United States)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lingua Ignota (United States)
    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 10:46am
Lingua Ignota is the project of Kristin Hayter. All Bitches Die and Caligula combine elements of classical, industrial, noise and extreme metal, so they could qualify as metal related in some way. Sinner Get Ready is not as extreme as the first two though.

I also forgot to mention that my posts regarding Atvm and Andrew W.K. haven't been checked yet.

Links: 
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/lingua-ignota
https://linguaignota.bandcamp.com/
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 3:54am
I'll have a look goflotsam. I'll also follow up with the two earlier suggestions that still haven't been actioned. I know people were looking at those, but they've probably been lost between Christmas and Covid.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 4:10am
I´ve listened to Lingua Ignota too and it´s quite the powerful female empowerment project. I´d support an addition for metal-related.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 3:38pm
First of all thanks - for taking the time to suggest but also for introducing me to this artist. Both albums you suggested I listened to and bought. Superb.

As for the addition, it's a no unfortunately. The albums I listened to were dramatic and at times heavy, both vocally and instrumentally, but the heaviness comes from harsh noise rather than metal or rock music. For that reason unfortunately I need to decline the suggestion. We do have artists here that have used harsh noise but they have other non-noise releases too. Noise rock and noisecore are also valid as they tie noise with more traditional metal and rock instrumentation.

I'll lock the thread tomorrow just in case you wish to revert, but excellent as these releases are, they don't fall into any of our acceptable styles.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic