MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Children of Bodom, Devin Townsend, Septic Flesh...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Children of Bodom, Devin Townsend, Septic Flesh...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Children of Bodom, Devin Townsend, Septic Flesh...
    Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 2:32pm
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/Blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156658

From Blabbermouth.net:

CHILDREN OF BODOM, THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, OBSCURA, SEPTICFLESH To Tour North America - Apr. 12, 2011

Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM will embark on a North American headlining tour in late June. Main support on the month-long trek will come from THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, with openers OBSCURA and SEPTICFLESH rotating positions each night.

"We are psyched to see all of our friends in North America and to play our new songs live for all of the BODOM maniacs," commented CHILDREN OF BODOM guitarist/vocalist Alexi Laiho. "Get ready to throw it down!"

So far only one date has been released: July 19 at The Palladium in Worcester, Massachusetts.

"Relentless Reckless Forever", the latest album from CHILDREN OF BODOM, sold nearly 11,000 copies in the United
States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 42 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, 2008's "Blooddrunk", opened with 19,000 units to land at No. 22. This number was roughly four times the opening tally of "Blooddrunk"'s predecessor, "Are You Dead Yet?", which premiered with 5,000 units b

Devin Townsend will release "Deconstruction" and "Ghost" � the third and fourth in a series of albums to be made available under THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT moniker � in Europe on June 20 via InsideOut Music.

"Deconstruction" and "Ghost" will complete his tetralogy album concept � a great journey through Devin's different states of musical moods � which he started in 2009 with the albums "Addicted" (2009) and "Ki" (2009).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I think this is a strange mix-up. And considering Children of Bodom has been sucking since the last three albums, I'm a bit pissed that they are headlining Devin. Then again, Devin's not going to be bringing in the money, ha ha.

I won't be going anyway, since they're not going through Arizona.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic